Phone wont text my bank anymore, any suggestions?

elmerwood

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,

So I've had this Galaxy S4 for a few months and have not had any luck using my banks text feature. Before the S4 I had a Razr Maxx HD and had no issues texting the banks number and using their features like balance inquires, transfers etc. I'm enrolled in text messaging banking through the bank, and once I received my S4 I deleted Razr they had on file and added this one. I get text messages from my bank stating my balances, deductions etc, but I can't send them a message asking for my balance or to transfer funds. When I do send a text, I get a failed message and a exclamation point saing " Message not sent". I've deleted the contact from my phone and added again to eliminate something there. This did nothing. The banks number does not need a area code, and when I text the 6 digit number from my co-workers Razr Maxx HD I get a response from the bank so I know it can communicate with other phones on my Verizon plan. My phone says its up to date, running 4.3. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

elmerwood

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Spoke with a Verizon representative after posting and they couldn't come up with a solution other than sending me a new phone. If anyone would like to try to text my bank to see if they could get a response, I'd be curious to see if it works for you. The banks number is 226537.

Thanks

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I got a response instantly, said to call a help number. I called it and I suppose it was your bank.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
You have to call the bank and ask them to unlock Sms services on your account. It happened to me exactly like you described and that's what i had to do. Ask for the tech support department.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

elmerwood

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help everyone, the issue has been solved. Why the problem was my old phone I do not know. I do know the new one works just fine. I didn't need to do anything special, I just punched in the 6 digit number and got a response.