I need help saving a voice mail

blueyzfr6

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a Verizon S4 and I'm switching to T-Mobile. My mom passed away about 5 years ago, and I saved her last voice mail she left me. How do I save it to the sd card? I was going to call NSA and see if they could email it to me, but u figured thus would be easier.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Matt_Zenick

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a Verizon S4 and I'm switching to T-Mobile. My mom passed away about 5 years ago, and I saved her last voice mail she left me. How do I save it to the sd card? I was going to call NSA and see if they could email it to me, but u figured thus would be easier.

That's so nice the bet i can think of it to use a recording device and save it to a SD card and i am sorry for your loss

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site

I did this for someone.
What I did was use Skype from a laptop with a recorder plugin. I then recorded the call.
There are some call recording apps, but I have never used them. I think most require root.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I helped my girlfriend save a voice mail by hers by playing it on her 'dumbphone' and I used my voice recorder on my phone. The clarity came out really well. Even though it was a recording of a recording, I couldn't tell. There seemed to be no flaws.

rashaadp

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I have a galaxy s4 - no need to purchase ANYTHING
1 - go to the voicemail icon, find the voicemail you want to save, click menu then select archive the message
(if it is not in side swipe format, Then long press on the message and select what looks like a memory card at the bottom)
(the message is now stored in the file folder of the phone itself)\
2 - transfer to memory card or to computer from the phone - VIA COPY & PASTE (it will be an .amr file)
3 - play .amr file using realcloud, or download FREE .amr to .mp3 converter
4 - use the converter to convert .amr to .mp3
5 - SAVE WHEREVER YOU LIKE GOOD LUCK NO PURCHASE NECESSARY

Lisa3913

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
for rashaadp: HI, tried following your instructions but when I click on the Voicemail icon it leads me to a screen requesting 2.99$/month for subscription. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance!

dt03457

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
On the phone, I simply pressed on the message until the drop-down menu appeared and chose save. This stores the message on the phone's internal storage and removes the VMail from the server. I then connected the phone via USB and went to the phone's internal drive where there is a "Voicemails" folder and copied them to my computer's hard drive. The files are .amr files and I just use VideoLan to play them.

I have a Droid Maxx, but assume the Android OS would work the same on a Galaxy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae