New Verizon update available to me today?

01 SR-71

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
It was available to me too. Have not pulled the trigger. It's the same software version that is on my G4 and there is no new info on the Verizon support page. Anyone try it yet?

carzaddict

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
wow, this is the most useless update if those are the only things "fixed"

"Samsung will power on after software update" ............is that even a feature?

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Looks like it may address the charging issue so many people have complained about since the 4.3 update...

I never really saw the issue on mine.

Sent from my SCH-i545

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Can someone that's updated and has unlimited data and uses FoxFi confirm if it still works post update or if VZW broke it?

ChuckChurch

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I just installed it, was really small. Quick install, 5 to 7 minutes like it promised. Booted up with Wi-Fi connected, been up 10 minutes now. Baseband version shows up as I545VRUEMK2. Still Linux kernel version 3.4.0, but Nov 20 2013 compile date.

mtz6

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Updated one of our phones now not getting any notification when message comes through

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

mtz6

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Disregard found out that the update lowered all the volume levels... FYI if you have this problem

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

kiwiruss

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded it and said install, but it failed on my completely stock S4 and left me at the bootloader screen.
rebooted and am downloading again for a second try.

Interestingly, it worked the second time.

Spiff52

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
My wifi is definitely better. Previous update back in October "broke" or severely limited my ability to connect to wifi which had strong signals before. It seems to now be back to where it was prior to the October 4.3 update.

ChuckChurch

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm still seeing it drop the Wi-Fi. Sometimes it say's it's stuck on 'obtaining IP address'. Just now the Wi-Fi turned itself off. I'm getting ready to ditch wi-fi. This is crap.

shaw1234

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have unlimited data and use foxfi for tethering. After update everything still works just fine. Just tried it, no problems.

Posted via Android Central App

Jim Morrone

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Installed the update. and it did not fix my problem at all.. The Phone applet still does not work.. it crashes with message that Contacts has stopped. :(