? Email connectivity has been improved
? Consistent Data roaming in Canada and Mexico
? Device will ?Power On? after software update is completed
? Non-Samsung chargers will work correctly with the phone
? Improved data connections while using (enterprise) proxy servers

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Updated an hour ago. Haven't really noticed much difference. I'm hoping it helped fix all the force closures I was receiving.

sent from Cletus the almighty S4

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I did the update Wednesday night. Had a few apps that disappeared - still showed in the app drawer, but the icon was an android with an SD card in the corner; when I tried to open them it said they were not installed. They did not show up on any tab in the app manager. These were apps from the Amazon store, and I finally fixed them by clearing data in the Amazon app store and then installing again.

Other than that I have not noticed any differences.

Sent from my SCH-i545

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that the shiel security notification that popped up when connecting to wifi is gone. Good that thing was irritating

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Sly6900

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I need help. I updated to this version and then rooted my phone. I really need a way to unroot. I haven't changed any software but I just need to unroot. When my phone turns on it displays that i'm running CUSTOM.

Michelle Benkhadra

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Updated last night.... no difference noted yet...
When the first update came I started to get alot of pop junk..I talked to Verizon and they said it had to do with the update and to wait for a new update. The new update came this morning and I was hoping that with the update it would have taken the Junk that came with the first update. But No. Nothing has changed. I STILL have the pop up Junk. It is Most annoying. I need and update that will take away the junk.

femme

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I did the last 2 updates back to back and didn't see much of a difference. Just a couple settings changes and new buttons in the notifications. Maybe a couple extra advertised apps.

Leo G

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Same thing here. I used Battery Monitor Widget to swap my phone to 3G only and now I have no access to that function. I am livid. In my shop the phone is very slow because of the weak 4G signal. It bounces back and forth between 3G and 4G and takes forever to deal with internet queries. When I switched it into 3G auto it was snappy and quick. Now it's slow as mud again.

JMG311

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
My phone now doesn't make any sound when locking and swiping to unlock. I'm not sure if that's on purpose or not though. Other than that, no difference.

femme

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I've noticed that my phone is actually a lot smoother now. It was good before, but now there is a "wow" factor. Strange, but nice.

swc2001

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
no noticed differences except for the fact that I cant switch between 3G and 4G now...im so pissed

1st off you can always odin back to MJ7 if you don't like mk2..... second try this app before you do.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.ds410.FourGSwitch&token=HEdXl6RH
You'll have to pay .99 cents for it..... but I find it to be worth its weight in gold.... using the app change the setting to cdma(auto prl) that will lock you into 3g...... vice versa you can also put your phone in lte only! The only caveat to that is you can't make calls or receive calls unless your using google voice and groove ip that is..... but the 3g still recieves calls. Just use the cdma(auto prl) setting. Hope that helps!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC