S4 wifi connection issue... i NEED some kind of soultion

jaminicole

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm in love with my S4 so far, only had it for a few weeks. As soon as I brought it home I realized that it wouldn't connect to my home wifi. Pretty much the same issue everybody else is having.. Says that network is unstable or too slow when its really not. And when it does finally connect its only for about 10 minutes then it disconnects. I have a Linksys wifi router and I have done pretty much everything to the router to try to fix this issue. I even updated the firmware and it didn't help one bit. And the past couple of days my phone will not connect to my wifi AT ALL.. :( This is so frustrating.... I'm about to go mad..

Any more suggestions?????

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm in love with my S4 so far, only had it for a few weeks. As soon as I brought it home I realized that it wouldn't connect to my home wifi. Pretty much the same issue everybody else is having.. Says that network is unstable or too slow when its really not. And when it does finally connect its only for about 10 minutes then it disconnects. I have a Linksys wifi router and I have done pretty much everything to the router to try to fix this issue. I even updated the firmware and it didn't help one bit. And the past couple of days my phone will not connect to my wifi AT ALL.. :( This is so frustrating.... I'm about to go mad..

Any more suggestions?????

Welcome to the forums.
I don't have an S4, but maybe something to do with Knox security?
Otherwise, maybe a reboot into recovery and clearing the cache? http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html
Follow steps for the S3.

jaminicole

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if that will help, and honestly I'm scared to try it.. I looked around on here and people are saying that its a Samsung issue because of the Android 4.3 update and that it should be fixed with the next update. I updated my phone yesterday and it did not help at all. So idk what to do now

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Why scared to try it? It won't delete any of your settings, etc...

From a Sprint Moto X using the AC forums app.

jaminicole

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Idk, stuff like this scares me cuz I don't wanna screw up my phone any. lol and especially since I didn't pay for. What all does rebooting your phone into recovery supposed to do anyway?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes old cache from previous ROMs can interfere with new updates. The OS doesn't know which commands to follow and it confuses itself.

From a Sprint Moto X using the AC forums app.

comfortably nub

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Was having the same issues until I saw a new firmware a few months ago for my router in which the only change mentioned was "improved compatibility issue with Samsung Galaxy S4". Haven't had any problems since and its an oldie dlink dir-655

jaminicole

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I updated my firmware and it worked for like 1 day and then it started doing the same thing. I don't know what else to do honestly. And I don't wanna buy a new router because im afraid the same problem will happen

comfortably nub

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Lots of routers have released firmware specifying S4 fixes so chances are good that is where the problem is. At the very least write to your router manufacturer and ask if they have implemented the S4 fixes many others apparently have

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Lots of routers have released firmware specifying S4 fixes so chances are good that is where the problem is. At the very least write to your router manufacturer and ask if they have implemented the S4 fixes many others apparently have
Any idea on what exactly the fixes they've done?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech