- 21 Posts
Assign PC drive letter to S4 storage?
I'm a recent convert from Motorola's Razr MAXX. When I would plug the MAX into a USB port, the phone's internal and external storage got drive letters assigned to them. I used these to back up changed files with ROBOCOPY on the PC.
When I connect my S4 to the PC a device is created at the disk drive level with Internal and External folders subordinate to it, but no drive letter is assigned. This means that I can play with files using Windows Explorer, but can do no .BAT file operations on the phone's files.
There must be a way to assign a drive letter that I haven't bumped into yet. Can anybody square me away on this?
- 12-19-2013, 11:41 AM #2
Re: Assign PC drive letter to S4 storage?
I don't believe there is a way... it's the driver that Samsung created, it does not map a drive like Motorola. It is what it is... sorry.Current: Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7 tablet, Chromecast
Retired Device (in order): Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)Flames Wallpaper
Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
- By thecaptain42 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 2Last Post: 12-24-2013, 09:28 PM
- By IoanT in forum Samsung Galaxy S IIReplies: 1Last Post: 12-24-2013, 09:23 PM
- By robjulo in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 8Last Post: 12-23-2013, 08:39 PM
- By SHIVA77 in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 2Last Post: 12-19-2013, 10:52 AM
- By Sanjay jetani in forum Samsung Galaxy GrandReplies: 1Last Post: 12-18-2013, 01:47 PM