"Warning Camera Failed" notification after update last night

blue lion

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the Verizon update last night and now I can't use my camera (the standard camera app). I've tried rebooting, clearing the cache, and leaving the phone off for 15 minutes.
Any suggestions? Thanks.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the Verizon update last night and now I can't use my camera (the standard camera app). I've tried rebooting, clearing the cache, and leaving the phone off for 15 minutes.
Any suggestions? Thanks.

Typically clearing cache will work.... but this is the sequence I would try... go into Settings > More tab > Application Manager > All tab > Camera > Clear cache, then Clear data > home button, reboot without opening the camera.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks but that didn't work either. Anyone else?

Wipe cache...
1) Power off
2) Hold down, Volume Up and Menu button... with those two held down press the Power button... after your device vibrates release the Power button, continue holding down the Volume Up and Menu until the recovery menu shows up, release the buttons.
3) Scroll down using the Volume Down and select "Wipe cache partition"... when you are ready push the Power button.
4) After it has wiped the cache, select "reboot system now"... press the Power button.

***EDIT: If this does not work then I'd suggest doing a Factory Reset. It's about the last thing I can think of... of course you should backup whatever you can before doing this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995