1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Default Manage Photos

Often I will take a pic of a data plate at work and need to quickly move it to a desktop pc. What is the best way to copy, move, and delete pics from my Verizon S4? When I first plug my phone into my usb cable, it shows me the base verizon software on the phone as if it is a mass storage device. Then after a couple of minutes, it will allow me to import all photos. If I try to import the photos it scans the phone looking for photos and it takes over 5 minutes to pull up the import prompt.

I would really rather use something like a file manager that would allow me to deal with individual pics. When I open the dcim folder just to explore it using windows explorer, it takes over ten minutes to read and categorize all the pics. I would think there would have to be a faster way.

What is the quickest way to take a pic at work, and quickly transfer it to a work desktop computer?

Thanks for any help

Default Re: Manage Photos

What I do, which may not fit your needs, is to set up the camera app to automatically upload my photos to Dropbox. Then I can go to my computer and access the photos from my Dropbox folder. Plus, I now have an online backup.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Manage Photos

A USB connection to your PC should be the quickest/easiest way. I'd suggest closing the Windows auto-import windows that pop up, wait for the phone to be recognized as an external device/drive in Computer, then open it in Windows (file) Explorer as a drive and copy the image files over to the PC. I generally open up one window for the target folder, and another for the source folder, then highlight the files I want and copy/paste or drag them over in a copy operation. You might find that enabling "USB debugging" in the Developer options section of Settings makes a difference in how Windows "sees" the phone, although I'm not sure that's absolutely essential to be able to copy files from the phone's storage. Another approach would be to use an external micro SD card in the phone and either set up the Camera app to save the images to that or copy them there from internal storage, then unmount and remove the card from the phone and read it with a USB card reader so you can copy the files from the card using Windows' file management. This would obviously be more cumbersome than a direct USB phone-PC connection, and some people (including me) have had issues with SD card corruption in the Galaxy S4, so it may not be the best or safest option.
    Last edited by STSVA; 12-20-2013 at 10:37 AM.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3