Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 3 Post By kbluie
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unfortunately, Internet has stopped

I just upgraded to the S4 and I love it. I constantly use the bookmarks widget. Multiple times a day my browser freezes and say a "unfortunately, Internet has stopped"
    . The widget goes blank and I have to clear the Internet data to reset it. The weird thing is it only happens when I'm on a particular site. I did some searching but didn't get any real answers. Any help would be appreciated.

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

Default Re: Unfortunately, Internet has stopped

Then the site is not up to snuff, it isnt the phone/browser. It is causing a fault that browser cannot handle

I am getting the same thing, but I don't think the answer is that the site is to blame. This is happening with many different sites on my phone, and I never even received this message until I completed the most recent upgrade on my S4.

Quote Originally Posted by adamelio24 View Post
    I am getting the same thing, but I don't think the answer is that the site is to blame. This is happening with many different sites on my phone, and I never even received this message until I completed the most recent upgrade on my S4.
    Have you tried with a different browser, just to see what happens?

Boot into recovery. Then try fixing permissions. If that doesn't work, like was said above, try a different browser.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Its the same with me too. Whenever I tried to close a tab, that kind of message pops out.. And I've already clear the cache and data.. It just happen recently..

I would try the same sites on a different browser then least you'll know if it's your phone or browser. Like someone else mentioned.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

I was hoping somebody figure this out by now. I have an s4 and it keeps on doing this.

"in developer options untick "do not keep activities" Turning this on reproduces the problem on my handset hope this helps someone!" I had the same problem and this worked with an S5, taken from a thread for the S4 Default internet browser crashes when trying to close multi tabs

Maybe Al Gore has taken his ball and gone home?

Have you solved this? Cause i have the same problem here...

Having the same problem here

thank you very much! unclicking " do not keep activites " worked for mine S4

Unchecking "do not keep activities" in Developer Options solved the problem on my S5. Thanks!

hi thanks guy. it works for me

just Unchecking "do not keep activities" in Developer Options solved the problem on my Note3. Thanks!

I just registered so I can say thank you to the person who was listed as "#9". They said, "in developer options untick [the box that says] do not keep activities..." I did that and my problem was fixed immediately!

perfectt fixed my problem with my S4 when i wanted to delete extra tabs thank you so much my android bretheren!!!!

Well boys and girls, I've got this "unfortunately internet has stopped" error too. But my situation is different. I get the error when trying to open a website or tab, not close one. and it happens on android browser, chrome, firefox, CM browser too. i have made sure "do not keep activities" is unchecked.
    Its still the same result. Whats wierd is that it will sometimes allow the sites to open and other times not. Ive also tried opening different websites to no avail..

Any Ideas ???

thanks