- 156 Posts
No Text Wrap/Reflow????
My HTC DNA does this beautifully on all web pages visited. Even if I resize the text to ridiculous proportions it fits it perfectly into the screen without any overshoot to the left or the right. I thought this was a stock android feature that was common to all android devices. i was absolutely shocked to see that the GS4 and Note 3 and 3 do not do this. I was helping a friend shop for a new phone when I discovered this. I use this feature literally every five minutes when I'm reading web pages on my phone. I knew the iPhones didn't do it (a total deal breaker) but I was AMAZED that there were android devices out there that didn't include this invaluable feature.
They include dozens of only marginally (at best) interesting/relevant features but don't design text wrap/reflow into their stock browser???
It's like they designed a Ferarri with tires off a Yugo.
Am I missing something here or is Samsung light years behind the curve?
Last edited by PsychDoc; 01-08-2014 at 07:34 AM.
- 01-09-2014, 09:43 AM #2
Re: No Text Wrap/Reflow????
There are plenty of other browsers available for Android, so you might want to try some of those and see if they work better for you. I'm afraid I don't know which are good at handling text wrap.Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3
- By billdz in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 18Last Post: 01-16-2014, 03:34 PM
- By patchs in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 12Last Post: 01-09-2014, 08:14 AM
- By riskybzns in forum Sprint Galaxy Note 2Replies: 4Last Post: 01-08-2014, 06:57 PM
- By jmklei0 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 01-07-2014, 03:26 PM
- By steveakuk in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 7-inchReplies: 1Last Post: 01-07-2014, 10:00 AM