Verizon Galaxy S4 - Unrooting Issue

falconsrulz

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I rooted my galaxy s4 and then updated on accident. Now, the app to check if my phone is rooted, says my phone is not. I still have SuperSU on my phone though and have uninstalled through the app store. If I click on SuperSU, it also says I'm not rooted. I downloaded SafeStrap to go ahead and do the unrooting process to see if that would help and I am unable to because it isn't rooted. So, apparently my device isn't rooted, yet I can't get rid of SuperSU. I need to rid my device of all evidence of root as I am in need of an insurance claim.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so I rooted my galaxy s4 and then updated on accident. Now, the app to check if my phone is rooted, says my phone is not. I still have SuperSU on my phone though and have uninstalled through the app store. If I click on SuperSU, it also says I'm not rooted. I downloaded SafeStrap to go ahead and do the unrooting process to see if that would help and I am unable to because it isn't rooted. So, apparently my device isn't rooted, yet I can't get rid of SuperSU. I need to rid my device of all evidence of root as I am in need of an insurance claim.

Can't you just uninstall SuperSU in Settings>apps? Either that or there should be a full unroot in Super SU settings.

falconsrulz

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Can't you just uninstall SuperSU in Settings>apps? Either that or there should be a full unroot in Super SU settings.

When I go to uninstall SuperSU, I can't. It gives me the options it does with the default apps; ("Uninstall Updates", "Turn off", "Force Stop"). And I can't go through SuperSU to unroot because it won't even open. When I click on the app it gives me a prompt saying "There is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem! If you just upgraded to Android 4.3, you need to manually re-root" It gives me option "OK" and once I click it that's all. The app closes.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
When I go to uninstall SuperSU, I can't. It gives me the options it does with the default apps; ("Uninstall Updates", "Turn off", "Force Stop"). And I can't go through SuperSU to unroot because it won't even open. When I click on the app it gives me a prompt saying "There is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem! If you just upgraded to Android 4.3, you need to manually re-root" It gives me option "OK" and once I click it that's all. The app closes.

Did you have to file an insurance claim for a replacement or something? You can flash the stock ROM with Odin and it will unroot the phone and give you stock recovery :)

Posted via Android Central App

falconsrulz

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Did you have to file an insurance claim for a replacement or something? You can flash the stock ROM with Odin and it will unroot the phone and give you stock recovery :)

Does it have to be 4.3 Stock rom for Verizon Galaxy s4? Or just Verizon Galaxy S4 stock rom? Sorry I'm a noob.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Does it have to be 4.3 Stock rom for Verizon Galaxy s4? Or just Verizon Galaxy S4 stock rom? Sorry I'm a noob.

If you were already on 4.3 then flash that, if you were on 4.1+ then that should be fine as well. Just make sure you get the one for your exact model number :)

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Use odin to flash a stock rom. no wipe, or full wipe version will unroot and put phone back to factory settings. Just make sure you flash the correct version for your build.

falconsrulz

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Use odin to flash a stock rom. no wipe, or full wipe version will unroot and put phone back to factory settings. Just make sure you flash the correct version for your build.

What exactly is Odin? I understand it is used to root and unroot, but that's about it. Just curious and trying to learn more about all this.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
What exactly is Odin? I understand it is used to root and unroot, but that's about it. Just curious and trying to learn more about all this.

It's a program made for Samsung devices to flash all kinds of things. Most of the time it is used to root and flash custom recoveries or to flash the stock firmware

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234