The guy at the Verizon store told me to buy my S4 at Best Buy.

BigMonkey2013

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
He and I are kind of friends, in that I have bought 8 phones over the years from him for my family.

I went in and saw that Verizon was selling the S4 for 249.00 with a 2 year extension. He told me that Best Buy has it for free.

That said, while he did tell me to go to Best Buy for an S4, he really wanted to sell me the new LG phone ( I forget the model ) ...... but he said he thought it was a better phone, with the only negative being that the LG could not expand beyond the internal 32GB.

I have never bought a phone anywhere but at a Verizon Store..... the process has always been painless. If I buy at Best Buy, should I expect it to go as easily?

My contract is up on Valentine's Day... I hope the price at Best Buy is still free! :)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
He and I are kind of friends, in that I have bought 8 phones over the years from him for my family.

I went in and saw that Verizon was selling the S4 for 249.00 with a 2 year extension. He told me that Best Buy has it for free.

That said, while he did tell me to go to Best Buy for an S4, he really wanted to sell me the new LG phone ( I forget the model ) ...... but he said he thought it was a better phone, with the only negative being that the LG could not expand beyond the internal 32GB.

I have never bought a phone anywhere but at a Verizon Store..... the process has always been painless. If I buy at Best Buy, should I expect it to go as easily?

My contract is up on Valentine's Day... I hope the price at Best Buy is still free! :)

It should be just as easy, if not easier. I see quite a bit of people buying phones every time I'm there. Definitely worth it if you're going to save $200+
He probably meant the G2, which is also a really good phone. The plus I would give to that is that the battery on it is a lot better in most cases with the G2.
Aside from that, I like the S4 better

Posted via Android Central App

inkdup102586

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I buy all my phones from best buy. Usually pretty smooth process unless you get a new sales person

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

PrinceAlbert

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I was in similar situation, looking at G2 at Verizon store when my friend who has an S4 told me that BB had them for free.

Ordered online, picked up next day. I was only in BB for about 10 minutes. Easy.

Hard part was powering down my HP Pre 3 last night. (I think I've almost wore out the bottom bezel on my S4 already.)

BigMonkey2013

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I was in similar situation, looking at G2 at Verizon store when my friend who has an S4 told me that BB had them for free.

Ordered online, picked up next day. I was only in BB for about 10 minutes. Easy.

Hard part was powering down my HP Pre 3 last night. (I think I've almost wore out the bottom bezel on my S4 already.)

Right now it is $50 at Best Buy..... but $1 at Walmart..... only thing is is that my contract lasts 13 more days..... This is funny, as I never cared about a phone before.... I only talk about 30 minutes a month and maybe have / send 20 texts.... but the camera is super important.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Right now it is $50 at Best Buy..... but $1 at Walmart..... only thing is is that my contract lasts 13 more days..... This is funny, as I never cared about a phone before.... I only talk about 30 minutes a month and maybe have / send 20 texts.... but the camera is super important.
S4 is better in that department from what I've seen. Video might be better on the G2 though...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I have bought from Best Buy and carrier stores. Best buy is almost as quick as carrier stores. Prices are a little cheaper typically.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I have bought from Best Buy and carrier stores. Best buy is almost as quick as carrier stores. Prices are a little cheaper typically.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

joemontana

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I've bought my phones at Costco. I had a droid charge, had an issue with the charging port.
I took it to the Verizon store, they dropshipped a new phone to me.
Service is service, it doesn't matter where you buy your phone.
Joe

Joe , Kalispell, MT

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought my S4 from Best Buy on black friday. It was the first time I bought a phone from somewhere other than Verizon. It was a smooth process and I would certainly buy from them again if it's cheaper than what Verizon charges.

The best part is that it somehow didn't register in Verizon's system that I upgraded my phone. So I didn't have to pay the $30 upgrade fee and I still have an upgrade available!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888