Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default when i press the home button and hold it .it shows the last screens i visited. how can i disable it?

how can I disable it so it does not show the previous screens?
    gs4 verizon

Global Posts
    8,952 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: when i press the home button and hold it .it shows the last screens i visited. how can i disable

Can't be disabled on the stock ROM as far as I know

Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Default Re: when i press the home button and hold it .it shows the last screens i visited. how can i disable

Why would you want it disabled? I actually like that feature and use it often.

Global Posts
    8,952 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by jdazzr View Post
    Why would you want it disabled? I actually like that feature and use it often.
    Maybe he doesn't, but it could be fixed by not holding the home button in the first place. You only need to press it once to get around

Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by:

adamant117, I would just encourage you to try using that feature a few times to switch apps, and see if it turns out to be useful. It is built into the operating system, and as has been said here, you can't remove it without rooting the phone. You just need to get used to doing a quick press to get to the Home screen. But try using the recent-app list, on which you can also swipe an app to the left to stop it or long-press it to get to the Application manager info for it.