Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Annoying music plays over and over while dialing?

I just upgraded from an S3 to an S4 and started using Android 4.3.

I get this really annoying music snippet playing over and over while my phone is dialing a number. Is this some new feature I can turn off???

-Bob

Default Re: Annoying music plays over and over while dialing?

Are you talking about the thing that sounds like a drop of water while you're tapping keys on the keypad? If so, then in the Phone app, tap the Menu button, then Call settings > Ringtones and keypad tones, and uncheck Dialing keypad tone. But if it's playing music while the phone you dialed is ringing, then I don't know.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No it's some wierd little harp music thing, played while the phone I dialed was ringing. It drowned out the rings, and any message. Now it's stopped. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdrad View Post
    No it's some wierd little harp music thing, played while the phone I dialed was ringing. It drowned out the rings, and any message. Now it's stopped. Strange.
    It sounds like maybe an app's notification sound. The eBay app notification sounds just like a little harp strum.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Do you hear it for every different number you dial? If it's just a few, it might be a ringback tone.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    It sounds like maybe an app's notification sound. The eBay app notification sounds just like a little harp strum.
    No, this played continuously over and over throughout the ringing. One time it rang 10 times, and played throughout. I know that these days you can pay your carrier to play music to people who call you during the ring (is that "ringback tone"?), and at first I thought that was it, but then I tried ringing my own land line and got the same thing.

Started playing when the ringing started, played throughout, stopped when I hung up. Anyway it's gone for now. Even numbers that were doing it yesterday are not doing it any longer. So strange.

That is very strange. O_o

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

It sounds like a ringback tone. Is it only when you call a certain number? A ringback tone is music you set to play for someone who is calling you instead of the default Erhhh....erhhhh....erhhhhh when you call a number.
    I hope I explained it well enough.

I just upgraded from an S3 to an S4 and started using Android 4.3.

I get this really annoying music snippet playing over and over while my phone is dialing a number. Is this some new feature I can turn off???

-Bob

So I know this was a long time ago, sorry to comment and bring up an older post but this is happening with me. Little harmony music beat playing with dialing out, you can still hear the dial tone as well. There's been a lot of weird things going on with my households technology, recently read that ES File Explorer is not a good site that they are taking personal information. Did you find anything out? Did anything further happen? What did you do? I have the Verizon S7.