Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By bcrit
  • 1 Post By zedorda
  • 2 Post By paintdrinkingpete
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How long is it gonna take version to release Kit - Kat 4.4

Why is it taking Verizon so long to release 4.4 ? Does anyone have any idea when it's gonna be released?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: How long is it gonna take version to release Kit - Kat 4.4

It will take too long.

Just out of curiosity, why is Kitkat so important to you?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

I don't subscribe to this forum so that I can read pure BS responses like the two above. There are a number of reasons why I'm anxious to upgrade to KitKat.
    See Android - 4.4 KitKat
    Lou Rivera likes this.

No you seem to subscribe to this forum to post BS like that.

I was being honest Verizon always takes too long to release updates and its common knowledge even to people without Big Red. On avg its 2-4 months too long.

And it is straight up trolling to start a thread about Verizon and their update schedule since we have had thousands already.

And it should be common sense that NO one has any real idea of when the update is coming and if they do they sure as heck can't post about it here.
    LdotAdot13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post

I was being honest Verizon always takes too long to release updates and its common knowledge even to people without Big Red. On avg its 2-4 months too long. Since they have this kind of OPINION and everyone know about OPINIONS which is somewhat derogatory and degrading with disrespect to others on the forum they should keep them to themselves!

And it is straight up trolling to start a thread about Verizon and their update schedule since we have had thousands already.

And it should be common sense that NO one has any real idea of when the update is coming and if they do they sure as heck can't post about it here.
    You are very correct with what you said and as a VZW customer I understood what you were saying. Other can be rude which is what I read from them or they are not a long time VZW cunsumer.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrit View Post
    I don't subscribe to this forum so that I can read pure BS responses like the two above. There are a number of reasons why I'm anxious to upgrade to KitKat.
    See Android - 4.4 KitKat
    You have an opinion which maybe better kept to yourself. I understood what the one was saying when I read it. The other was just asking a question which you did answer. Nothing here is really BS as your opinion states. If one does not understand what the other is saying then questions should be ask not just jump to conclusions.
    Thanked by:

Probably not long. Sprint users are getting it now.

Quote Originally Posted by jrh4054 View Post
    Yes, I heard that in another forum. Now if the rest of the carriers get on the ball and release it. VZW can release it. VZW will again probably be last.

I hope it once and for all fixes this wi-fi issue with 4.3. These issues have cost me about $20 extra per month since October in increased data plan.

Quote Originally Posted by SalPugliese View Post
    Why is it taking Verizon so long to release 4.4 ? Does anyone have any idea when it's gonna be released?

Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post

I was being honest Verizon always takes too long to release updates and its common knowledge even to people without Big Red. On avg its 2-4 months too long.

Quote Originally Posted by jrh4054 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by japetty View Post
    Yes, I heard that in another forum. Now if the rest of the carriers get on the ball and release it. VZW can release it. VZW will again probably be last.
    *Historically*, yes, Verizon has a reputation for being the last of all American carriers to get updates out to devices. Having said that, however, when it comes to the GS4, Verizon has up until now been right in line with the other major carriers when it comes to updates...in a few cases (pardon me for not going back to look for specifics), they even beat other carriers to the punch. It seems whenever an update becomes available for one US carrier, the others will release one within a few days. Is it because VZW finally got their **** together? Is it because Samsung leaned on Verizon to ensure that updates would be released quicker? I don't know, but the fact is that Verizon has been MUCH better with this device than it has with any device in the past.

To answer the OP...it takes a while for devices to get updated when a new Android version comes out. Samsung has to make sure that all their hardware and software works before releasing it. This is normal. From what I'm reading in the forums, the Sprint version of KK for the GS4 is rolling out now...so I would imagine that it won't be too much longer for the Verizon version, based on what I said above about the previous updates for this phone. The fact is though that nobody knows...could be tomorrow, could be next month, could be next year...

Also, if you feel like this has been "so long" for a phone to get a major update...then perhaps you should consider a Nexus phone for your next purchase. Given that the KK update is rolling out for versions of this phone now (that originally shipped with 4.2.2) that's actually not bad. Not trying to be mean or anything when I say that...but if you want speedy updates as soon as Google releases them, Nexus phone are the only way to get that...otherwise you wait.
    jrh4054 and STSVA like this.

The update is even better than I thought ,ty.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrit View Post
    See Android - 4.4 KitKat
    I don't really know how those were bs responses. I mean, kit kat is great don't get me wrong. But its not an amazing difference than jellybean.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

http://m.cnet.com/news/samsung-updat.../57619025?ds=1

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Crossing my fingers this fixes the WiFi problem.