Facebook default video player...how to change this?????

svdroidguy

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Hello! Up until yesterday I was able to choose which video player I could use. Now, it uses the default FB player and there is NO way to change this. I tried clearing defaults, deleting Allcast cause I thought "maybe" there was something in the update that messed with the defaults. Nothing works. I do not want to do a factory reset.

I have a Samsung Tab II and it now is doing the same thing? Both were fine yesterday and today now they auto default to the FB player. I did not know there was one built into the app but there must be. The only thing I have not done is delete the current version of FB.

Can someone please check if this is the case on your phone? I would love to be able to use Allcast to view videos and up until yesterday I could. What is weird is there has been no update to the FB app in a while. Very very strange.

Thank you for your help!!

svdroidguy

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Same here I clear all the default as well but its not helping plz help.

It has something to do with the latest FB update on the 13th. What worked (temporarily) for me was to uninstall and then re-install. After some time it reverts back though. It is definitely an app issue...how it behaves with this phone.

anwarshiuly

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello! Up until yesterday I was able to choose which video player I could use. Now, it uses the default FB player and there is NO way to change this. I tried clearing defaults, deleting Allcast cause I thought "maybe" there was something in the update that messed with the defaults. Nothing works. I do not want to do a factory reset.

I have a Samsung Tab II and it now is doing the same thing? Both were fine yesterday and today now they auto default to the FB player. I did not know there was one built into the app but there must be. The only thing I have not done is delete the current version of FB.

Can someone please check if this is the case on your phone? I would love to be able to use Allcast to view videos and up until yesterday I could. What is weird is there has been no update to the FB app in a while. Very very strange.

Thank you for your help!!

RAUF A

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Dear Guyz,

I have the same problem i tried too much but no use. The Video player is PHOTOS application in our phone we cannot remove that if we can then our problem will solve.I dont think so there is any other way.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
This actually ain't to hard.

Settings
Apps
Swipe to all apps
Find the app you want to remove from default such as photo or whatever
Tap "Clear Defaults"

ramanpreet deol

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Photos video player doesn't show in all apps so.

setting
Application manager
then all apps
go to google play movies instead of photos bec it ain't there.
then clear default.

Done

easy:)

Mayyad

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi
Well i didn't find google play movies or Photos, i have found: google play games, google play music, google play services, google play store.
Please if any one can help.
10x.

svdroidguy

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Until Facebook makes the change there is nothing anyone can do. I have cleared defaults many times and that does not solve the problem. Maybe try using Friendcaster or similar. I used to use it but it was horribly buggy.

Siva Kumar 777

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
dear brother you got solution
i can't choose video player in facebook...

This is because of the latest Facebook update... Most phones and tabs auto update their apps on WiFi... Hence you don't realise that there is a change between yesterday and today... All of a sudden the videos start opening in-app by default...

Go to settings >apps>facebook.
Uninstall updates... It'll ask you "do you want to revert to factory version?" Say "yes".

Once done, open fb app, give your user credentials and log in...

Touch any video and you have multiple options available as old...

Enjoy!!!

Siva Kumar

Luggnutt78#AC

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
The new version of FB is the cause. I uninstalled the new versiin and re-installed the most recent backed up version I had and it works fine now. I use Tubemate to download FB video and Youtube video.

Posted via Android Central App