When will we get KitKat on Verizon Galaxy S4?

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: when will we get kitkat on S4

If anyone knew the answer to this, it would have already been posted several times by now.

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site

I did however call to complain about the WiFi again cuz I was outta town over the weekend and it struck a nerve that I wasn't able to connect to the hotel WiFi. I asked the Verizon rep if the new update (4.4) had any hope of fixing the issue. She then proceeds to mumble as if she's reading it on her screen what the update is for. Then says "nope, it doesn't mention anything about the WiFi". So if that was for real, they already have the update ready to roll out hopefully soon.

inkdup102586

May 15, 2010
Visit site

I did however call to complain about the WiFi again cuz I was outta town over the weekend and it struck a nerve that I wasn't able to connect to the hotel WiFi. I asked the Verizon rep if the new update (4.4) had any hope of fixing the issue. She then proceeds to mumble as if she's reading it on her screen what the update is for. Then says "nope, it doesn't mention anything about the WiFi". So if that was for real, they already have the update ready to roll out hopefully soon.

I couldnt set up my chromecast, and I called google and google actually told me how to turn something off on my wifi settings in my phone that helped connect. Something about how it wont let it connect since its not a home network

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

I was looking forward to KitKat only because I was hoping Samsung would trim some fat off of it and give us a bit more storage. Seeing the S5 now that clearly is not going to happen because the rom is just as big (if not bigger) than 4.3. If they just released a patch to fix the WiFi issue I would not be upset. I really don't see anything in KitKat that is going to make my phone any better.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

That's not a good answer :O

Anyone who has been a VZW customer know that VZW customers except if you are one of the Droid customers will get updates after every other customer on all US carriers. Just a fact being a customer without a DROID on VZW. VZW loves their DROIDS.

rizzymo

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Will it be Verizon or T-Mobile next in line for the update. I say T-Mobile, Verizon cares about the Droid line more than the Galaxy S4!!!!!!!!!

Posted via Android Central App

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Will it be Verizon or T-Mobile next in line for the update. I say T-Mobile, Verizon cares about the Droid line more than the Galaxy S4!!!!!!!!!

I would say you would be very correct in saying what you said even with what you said about the droid. S4 and N3 are only a flagship to Samsung not a Flagship phone to VZW.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Anyone who has been a VZW customer know that VZW customers except if you are one of the Droid customers will get updates after every other customer on all US carriers. Just a fact being a customer without a DROID on VZW. VZW loves their DROIDS.

Except the moto x and htc weren't last to get kitkat..

Vampy

May 14, 2010
Visit site

Those of us who finally abandoned our Bionics for the S4 or other phones would disagree ;)

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Those of us who finally abandoned our Bionics for the S4 or other phones would disagree ;)

I owned the S3 and we were the last to get updates except for one update which was a failed update to many that left the S3 more or less as a paperweight. Many of us did not want to trade our phones for a refurbish and they had to go somewhere else for help in rolling back to previous version as you know the VZW look on that. It took VZW over 2 weeks to role out a fix for the failed update. Both these updates were filled with VZW BS we had to disable and I think they had also removed the blocking feature that was enabled for customers of every other carrier. Many of the Droid customers on VZW are already updated to KK 4.4.2 now.

zirkdog

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

As a recovering Bionic owner I have to agree with this guy. It was the official red-headed step-child of VZW.

supersam64

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is on schedule to release KitKat to Galaxy S4 owners just after the release of Android 5.4 (Popsicle). Just be patient, it takes a long time to remove features and fill an operating system with bloatware and bugs.

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is on schedule to release KitKat to Galaxy S4 owners just after the release of Android 5.4 (Popsicle). Just be patient, it takes a long time to remove features and fill an operating system with bloatware and bugs.

+1. Haha, thanks for the chuckle!

DANK MANG

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site

The person you spoke to on the phone most likely wasnt even someone that works for verizon, Large companies hire other customer service companies to take calls for them. You probably just talked to some dumb **** that knows almost nothing about smart phones but has a computer in front of her with google and maybe a verizon information bank software program that doesnt even really give the rep much information. I know all this because I work telecommunication jobs. but yea