Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By inkdup102586
  • 1 Post By felloffthetruck
  • 2 Post By Vampy
  • 1 Post By zirkdog
  • 3 Post By supersam64
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default When will we get KitKat on Verizon Galaxy S4?

When is Verizon releasing kitkat for the S4?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-27-2014 at 03:33 PM.

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: when will we get kitkat on S4

Never

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    BlackBerry 8130_Nextel i880_BlackBerry 8330_HTC Hero_Samsung S1_Motorola Photon_Samsung S2_Samsung S4
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by inkdup102586 View Post
    Never

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    That's not a good answer :O

ROM
    Stock

I know, but sure seems that way
    BlackBerry 8130_Nextel i880_BlackBerry 8330_HTC Hero_Samsung S1_Motorola Photon_Samsung S2_Samsung S4
    tnkrbelltink likes this.

If anyone knew the answer to this, it would have already been posted several times by now.

I did however call to complain about the WiFi again cuz I was outta town over the weekend and it struck a nerve that I wasn't able to connect to the hotel WiFi. I asked the Verizon rep if the new update (4.4) had any hope of fixing the issue. She then proceeds to mumble as if she's reading it on her screen what the update is for. Then says "nope, it doesn't mention anything about the WiFi". So if that was for real, they already have the update ready to roll out hopefully soon.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jdazzr View Post
    I did however call to complain about the WiFi again cuz I was outta town over the weekend and it struck a nerve that I wasn't able to connect to the hotel WiFi. I asked the Verizon rep if the new update (4.4) had any hope of fixing the issue. She then proceeds to mumble as if she's reading it on her screen what the update is for. Then says "nope, it doesn't mention anything about the WiFi". So if that was for real, they already have the update ready to roll out hopefully soon.

I couldnt set up my chromecast, and I called google and google actually told me how to turn something off on my wifi settings in my phone that helped connect. Something about how it wont let it connect since its not a home network

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts

I was looking forward to KitKat only because I was hoping Samsung would trim some fat off of it and give us a bit more storage. Seeing the S5 now that clearly is not going to happen because the rom is just as big (if not bigger) than 4.3. If they just released a patch to fix the WiFi issue I would not be upset. I really don't see anything in KitKat that is going to make my phone any better.

Quote Originally Posted by MaccaBird View Post
    but more than likely the truth.
    japetty likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MaccaBird View Post
    Anyone who has been a VZW customer know that VZW customers except if you are one of the Droid customers will get updates after every other customer on all US carriers. Just a fact being a customer without a DROID on VZW. VZW loves their DROIDS.

Default Re: When will we get KitKat on Verizon Galaxy S4?

Will it be Verizon or T-Mobile next in line for the update. I say T-Mobile, Verizon cares about the Droid line more than the Galaxy S4!!!!!!!!!

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by rizzymo View Post
    Will it be Verizon or T-Mobile next in line for the update. I say T-Mobile, Verizon cares about the Droid line more than the Galaxy S4!!!!!!!!!

I would say you would be very correct in saying what you said even with what you said about the droid. S4 and N3 are only a flagship to Samsung not a Flagship phone to VZW.

Quote Originally Posted by japetty View Post
    Anyone who has been a VZW customer know that VZW customers except if you are one of the Droid customers will get updates after every other customer on all US carriers. Just a fact being a customer without a DROID on VZW. VZW loves their DROIDS.
    Except the moto x and htc weren't last to get kitkat..

Quote Originally Posted by japetty View Post
    Those of us who finally abandoned our Bionics for the S4 or other phones would disagree

Thanked by:
    superfly15 and zirkdog like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampy View Post
    Those of us who finally abandoned our Bionics for the S4 or other phones would disagree

I owned the S3 and we were the last to get updates except for one update which was a failed update to many that left the S3 more or less as a paperweight. Many of us did not want to trade our phones for a refurbish and they had to go somewhere else for help in rolling back to previous version as you know the VZW look on that. It took VZW over 2 weeks to role out a fix for the failed update. Both these updates were filled with VZW BS we had to disable and I think they had also removed the blocking feature that was enabled for customers of every other carrier. Many of the Droid customers on VZW are already updated to KK 4.4.2 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampy View Post

As a recovering Bionic owner I have to agree with this guy. It was the official red-headed step-child of VZW.
    superfly15 likes this.

Verizon is on schedule to release KitKat to Galaxy S4 owners just after the release of Android 5.4 (Popsicle). Just be patient, it takes a long time to remove features and fill an operating system with bloatware and bugs.

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supersam64 View Post
    Verizon is on schedule to release KitKat to Galaxy S4 owners just after the release of Android 5.4 (Popsicle). Just be patient, it takes a long time to remove features and fill an operating system with bloatware and bugs.
    +1. Haha, thanks for the chuckle!

To bad it's true. It seems to be the way with VZW they only add to problems and charge ya for it.

The person you spoke to on the phone most likely wasnt even someone that works for verizon, Large companies hire other customer service companies to take calls for them. You probably just talked to some dumb **** that knows almost nothing about smart phones but has a computer in front of her with google and maybe a verizon information bank software program that doesnt even really give the rep much information. I know all this because I work telecommunication jobs. but yea