Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kies available for Verizon Galaxy S4?

I just started reading about the Kies app and associated PC software. I viewed the Samsung tutorial videos, but do not see the app on my Verizon Galaxy S4, nor could I find anywhere to download it. I did see a Wikipedia post that shows it is compatible with the S4, however. Am I missing something? Is it even worth pursuing?

Default Re: Kies available for Verizon Galaxy S4?

Quote Originally Posted by ramjet1121 View Post
    I just started reading about the Kies app and associated PC software. I viewed the Samsung tutorial videos, but do not see the app on my Verizon Galaxy S4, nor could I find anywhere to download it. I did see a Wikipedia post that shows it is compatible with the S4, however. Am I missing something? Is it even worth pursuing?
    It's worth using if you want an easy way to backup music, contacts, data, etc. You can download Kies on your computer from the Samsung site.

You might find it at Samsung try the link below.

SEARCH SAMSUNG
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

japetty: I've already searched the Samsung site. I found and downloaded the Windows program for my PC, but how do I get the app on the phone? I've searched Samsung and Google Play Store - no luck. The tutorial video I watched was shown using an S3 and there seemed to be an app or something already on the phone. No mention was made of how to get it on the phone. I can't find anything related to Kies on my Verizon Galaxy S4. I'm confused.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Update: I had downloaded the program for my PC, but had not installed it when I made my first entry. I just installed the program and ran it, and, even though there is no "app" or whatever on my phone, it connected and allowed me to make a backup. I don't know what was on that phone in the tutorial. There was some mention oa "Kies Air." Maybe that's merely an app to make the connection wirelessly. I am connected via USB. Maybe this info will help someone else. I still don't know where to get the Kies Air app.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjet1121 View Post
    Update: I had downloaded the program for my PC, but had not installed it when I made my first entry. I just installed the program and ran it, and, even though there is no "app" or whatever on my phone, it connected and allowed me to make a backup. I don't know what was on that phone in the tutorial. There was some mention oa "Kies Air." Maybe that's merely an app to make the connection wirelessly. I am connected via USB. Maybe this info will help someone else. I still don't know where to get the Kies Air app.
    Kies air should be on your phone already as its a Samsung stock app. You don't have to have it for your phone to sync with Kies via usb. Kies is basically sammy's take on iTunes when it comes to backing up your phone

Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

That's what I thought, but I can't find it. It is a Verizon Galaxy S4. Does that make a difference? I followed the instructions below in the Samsung Galaxy S4 manual:

1. From your computer, launch the Samsung Kies
    application, and connect to a Wi-Fi network.
    2. On your device, connect to the same Wi-Fi network.
    3. From the Home screen, touch Apps ➔ Settings
    then touch Connections ➔ Kies via Wi-Fi.

Suggestions?