Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My wife cannot receive texts from me all of a sudden

It started happening last week on Friday the 21st. All was working well just the day before. My wife's company pays for their phones and she currently uses a Blackberry Curve, yes a blackberry. LOL. After several years with the same phone, she will finally be upgrading and making the switch to an iPhone 5C over this upcoming weekend. I don't know what could be causing this problem. I've called Verizon and had my phone (GS4) checked out and was told all is well. I've tested my text messaging by sending a few messages out to 7 different people and all received them except for my wife. I can receive her texts but she does not receive mine. She was away this past week on a business trip for work and we got buy by communicating through email and obviously the phone, but we need to get this resolved.
    Any help or advice on this? The people at her company in charge of handling their phones aren't worth squat either when it comes to technical support.
    Thanks.

Global Posts
    18,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: My wife cannot receive texts from me all of a sudden

Quote Originally Posted by windycityrider View Post
    It started happening last week on Friday the 21st. All was working well just the day before. My wife's company pays for their phones and she currently uses a Blackberry Curve, yes a blackberry. LOL. After several years with the same phone, she will finally be upgrading and making the switch to an iPhone 5C over this upcoming weekend. I don't know what could be causing this problem. I've called Verizon and had my phone (GS4) checked out and was told all is well. I've tested my text messaging by sending a few messages out to 7 different people and all received them except for my wife. I can receive her texts but she does not receive mine. She was away this past week on a business trip for work and we got buy by communicating through email and obviously the phone, but we need to get this resolved.
    Any help or advice on this? The people at her company in charge of handling their phones aren't worth squat either when it comes to technical support.
    Thanks.
    So she already has the iPhone?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

yes, she received it last Friday, but has yet to activate it or even turn it on. she's well aware that there will be a huge learning curve for her going from an outdated blackberry to a iphone, so she decided to hold off on activating it until this weekend after she returned from her business trip. she didn't want to catch any grief from the transition during the trip. she plans on activating it either today or tomorrow and having a few days over the weekend to familiarize herself with it.

Global Posts
    18,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I was thinking about the fact that Apple and Android don't play well together, and thought this was one of those instances.

As for your issue right now, I am not sure.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here