Verizon Galaxy S4: 1013 System and battery drain.

Leo G

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Recently my wife's S4 started draining the battery a lot faster than usual. I installed Battery Monitor and Wakelock Detector and it took a few days to figure out what was going on.

The Battery Monitor app show 28 distinct batter drains. About 2-3 per hour. I cross checked with Wakelock Detector and found that the 1013 system had 28 hits. So I opened it up and the "AudioOut_2" was on for 50 seconds and had 16 hits. Although it's not a crisis battery draw it is substantially more than usual. She use to end the day with 80%+ battery left over and now she ends up with 30%. She is definitely not a power user LOL. She just uses the phone and text and the occasional browser search.

So what is the AudioOut_2 connected to? What is the app or program that uses this. She doesn't play any music on her phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Recently my wife's S4 started draining the battery a lot faster than usual. I installed Battery Monitor and Wakelock Detector and it took a few days to figure out what was going on.

The Battery Monitor app show 28 distinct batter drains. About 2-3 per hour. I cross checked with Wakelock Detector and found that the 1013 system had 28 hits. So I opened it up and the "AudioOut_2" was on for 50 seconds and had 16 hits. Although it's not a crisis battery draw it is substantially more than usual. She use to end the day with 80%+ battery left over and now she ends up with 30%. She is definitely not a power user LOL. She just uses the phone and text and the occasional browser search.

So what is the AudioOut_2 connected to? What is the app or program that uses this. She doesn't play any music on her phone.

Maybe more information here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-maxx/315192-wakelock-problems.html
I would just uninstall the app or at least disable the app and see what happens. Does your wife know anything about it? She may be using this app not knowing it is draining the battery?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz