Can an app widget be installed on the lock screen?

newbie40

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
In a way where when the power button is pressed, when the power is on, but screen is not, it is shown with no further action ?

Thank you,

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It depends.

If you're using the stock lockscreen, only if the app supports it (and you have selected LockScreen Widgets in the settings) will you be able to add a widget to the lockscreen, but keep in mind that these are usually not the same widgets you can use in HomeScreens and you can only add one per page, or screen, and if you add several, you'll have to scroll through these pages to see each widget.

If you use a third party lockscreen, like WidgetLocker, then your lockcscreen becomes basically a homescreen and you can add any widget you can on the HomeScreen and as many as you can fit into one screen, just like on a HomeScreen.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
One more note: there is a page on the lockscreen that you get by swiping the main, first page to the left. On that page, there's room for a dozen widgets. But they're really just shortcuts to start the apps, not informational widgets like time, weather, messages, or news.

newbie40

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. I think I'm get the widget locker u suggested. im aware of the option on your second posting, but as you say, it's a shortcut, which is not what I was looking for.

Thanks again

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173