Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 battery

I solved tbe battery problem. Turn off auto brightness. Set wifi to not run when screen is off. Manually manage wifi and mobile data switch over.

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: GS4 battery

That's with auto brightness on among other things

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S4 battery-uploadfromtaptalk1394629482860.jpg  
    BlackBerry 8130_Nextel i880_BlackBerry 8330_HTC Hero_Samsung S1_Motorola Photon_Samsung S2_Samsung S4

1) How'd you get wifi to not run when the screen is off? and 2) Doesn't this cause some lag when you turn the screen on and want to use something that requires a data connection while the wifi reconnects? (ie. you pop on the screen and want to go right into the browser. Or you try to launch say Facebook from the lock screen even?)

I don't use my wifi except for certain few things. Like transferring files. Otherwise I have a plan that is good enough so that I don't get close to using my data limit.

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

I bought my S4 in July 2013. Since about February 2014 I've noticed a sharp decline in charge longevity. I am utilizing every trick in the book to conserve battery life. If I didn't have a Mophie Juice Pack, I wouldn't make it through the day. This is a key reason I will not purchase a phone with a non removable battery.

Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.

Default Re: Galaxy S4 battery

I'm in the same boat and approx. timeline. Bought the spare battery kit (Spare battery, external battery charger, and cord) and couldn't be happier.

I still implement a lot of battery saving measures to make it through the day before switching batteries in the evening but it still works better than tying my phone to the wall in the evening.