Verizon Galaxy S4: My saved video from my gallery won't play!?

js13ar

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
So I have two videos in my gallery, which is about one hour long, that wont play. When I go to the video, its all black and in the middle it has a box with the crack on the upper right corner ( and a circle in the middle of it with dots), and when I click play it says "Sorry, this video cannot be played." Ive had this video saved on my Sd card with the previous phone a year ago and it played fine when i played it on the s4. But now, it wont play. Is it because I took too many picture, so it took up the memory? Is there a way to get it back?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: My saved video from my gallery wont play!?

So I have two videos in my gallery, which is about one hour long, that wont play. When I go to the video, its all black and in the middle it has a box with the crack on the upper right corner ( and a circle in the middle of it with dots), and when I click play it says "Sorry, this video cannot be played." Ive had this video saved on my Sd card with the previous phone a year ago and it played fine when i played it on the s4. But now, it wont play. Is it because I took too many picture, so it took up the memory? Is there a way to get it back?

Thanks!

Have you tried playing it with another video player such as BS Player or MX Player from the Play Store?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Yeah just tried it with the MX player and it wont work

It might be that the video file is corrupt. Try BS Player as well.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

BS player wont work either.

Can you drag plug in the phone to a PC, drag the video to your PC, and see if it will play there? I suggest using VLC Media Player.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

js13ar

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

Can you teach me how I can do that? Ive been trying for a while, but I seem to have trouble viewing my videos on the computer. I got all the pictures but no videos.
Also the videos got corrupted. Thats what happened :/

David Kolasa

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I've been having the same problems for months now. In My Files the videos show up as icons with lightning bolts or just an arrow and when you click on them it says "Sorry video cannot be played". This implies that My Files knows they are videos but for some reason cannot play them. The people at the Verizon store are clueless, they are good for taking your money but not to solve problems. Often I can play videos immediately after taking them then they are as described above. My SD card has many other files on it and none of them display this error only the videos, and sometimes, photos.

How does one delete and reinstall the default camera app? I think Google, Samsung and Verizon are all to blame. Maybe Apple is the way to go? Android is just not reliable.:-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad