Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default photo vault on Verizon Galaxy S4

Hey guys I ran verizon protect last night and it said photo vault is mal ware. So I tried to move my private pictures back in to my regular gallery so I can delete the app. However when I did that it says it can't move the private gallery back to the normal gallery. Any ideas what to do? I don't really wanna lose my pics in photo vault but may have no choice

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: photo vault on Verizon Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by boos1906 View Post
    Hey guys I ran verizon protect last night and it said photo vault is mal ware. So I tried to move my private pictures back in to my regular gallery so I can delete the app. However when I did that it says it can't move the private gallery back to the normal gallery. Any ideas what to do? I don't really wanna lose my pics in photo vault but may have no choice

Posted via Android Central App
    I've never been a big fan of anything Verizon puts on my phone... nor am I sure of it's reliability... or any other virus scan software, but if I was you I'd try some other well know virus scan software like Lookout to see if this claim is accurate. The only photo vault I could find on the Google Play Store is "PhotoVault - Hide Pictures," is this the app you are questioning? It would be strange for something to have a fairly good rating to be mal ware... and if it is that app, then maybe you need to un-encrypt the folder before you can copy files out of it, if that app let's you do that.

Just my 2 cents on the subject since I don't use Verizon app, or this specific app.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

Global Posts
    6,386 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Default Re: photo vault on Verizon Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    I've never been a big fan of anything Verizon puts on my phone... nor am I sure of it's reliability... or any other virus scan software, but if I was you I'd try some other well know virus scan software like Lookout to see if this claim is accurate. The only photo vault I could find on the Google Play Store is "PhotoVault - Hide Pictures," is this the app you are questioning? It would be strange for something to have a fairly good rating to be mal ware... and if it is that app, then maybe you need to un-encrypt the folder before you can copy files out of it, if that app let's you do that.

Just my 2 cents on the subject since I don't use Verizon app, or this specific app.
    This 👆

Also try moving those pictures to a computer.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!