Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 - Verizon - Swapped USB board now no voice mic

I swapped out the usb power board on my S4, and so that works just fine now. The trouble is now
    my callers can't hear me when I answer a call using the phone. The speakerphone mic picks up
    my voice just fine, but that's terribly annoying. Did I damage a connector when I swapped the usb
    power board out?

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts
    Carrier
    6.0 Marshmallow

Default Re: Galaxy S4 - Verizon - Swapped USB board now no voice mic

Did you check all the ribbon cables? Made sure they are fully inserted? I would check them since its not much trouble, then look for something more serious. Hope its just a loose connection and you get it working.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The only absolutely wrong thing with the phone is the phone mic isn't picking up any audio, the rest of the phone (4g/3g/wireless/video/speakerphone etc) works totally normal.
    I would think if it was a ribbon cable, that it would affect more than just the audio - but I could be totally wrong. Does anyone have a layout diagram of the S4 of the electrical internals by chance?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Does anyone know if there is a microphone wire that maybe I ruined? Or how does the mic on the phone transmit sound to the main board?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Can anyone point me to a useful forum for breaking down the system board and the charging board on my Galaxy S4? I want to see if there was something I did to either boards, maybe ruined a connector port or something.

I've got the same exact issue. and by exact I mean I just replaced my USB flex as well. I have not opened it back up to poke around yet. Irritating to say the least.

I have literally had the same thing happen to me... I swapped out the same board on Monday and haven't had any troubles except the Mic... I was just gonna get a Bluetooth... I have gs4 as well

Where did you all buy your USB boards from? I wonder if it is just a bad batch of boards.

I bought mine off eBay

Because the microphone is located on the board, you may try buying another and see if that helps.

I went with dealsishop.com. I'll try another when I get a chance...

I'll try another also

Follow Up: That did the trick. I'm up and running 100%
    I found it interesting that the company I bought the replacement board from said "throw out the defective board" as if they knew. Free replacement.
    Also I should note that physically the board is exactly the same however the new working board came with adhesive strips like the original - whereas the defective board did not have adhesive on the back.
    That's all I have, good luck guys.

Just ran into the same problem. I ordered my board from Joices Store through amazon. Just ordered a second one from dealsishop.com. Dealsishop was much quicker shipping the part. Should know soon if the mic functions.

Angry Re: Galaxy S4 - Verizon - Swapped USB board now no voice mic

Hi there

I ordered my part from Joices

It first never came then they re-sent the product and I finally received it

When i replaced my charging port USB board with the product i recieved I noticed that there is a hole which is misaligned with the casing so I think they using a generic product that is not specifiically designed for the S4

I informed them about this today and they said they were sorry i received a defective board do I want them to send me a new one or get a refund so I requested if they were aware of the problem and if they would be sending me a different board because i dont want to wait again and recieve the same defective board

Waiting for their answer