- 3 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
yahoo email app - is it on all the time?
for my Verizon Galaxy s4 i downloaded the Yahoo Mail app. It was the only one that worked with my 4 SNET (AT&T mail hosted by Yahoo) accounts. I even had trouble going to the yahoo sign in page and accessing online manually. Yahoo Mail seems to do the job well enough....... however.......
I am new to all this just got my first smartphone (the S4) last Sunday.
with all the apps closed, and i am on the home page - on the notification panel to the extreme left is an up arrow
I am assuming that yahoo mail is always on in the background as it seems that if i send an email to one of those accounts it shows up immediately if i go to the inbox and pull down and hold with my finger i see a notation checking mail with the circular thing in motion all the time
I am sure this will cause battery drainage even when the phone is asleep. is this so? does anyone know how to configure 'yahoo mail' to only check mail manually when prompted?
Is there any other email app that WORKS with yahoo mail that would be able to only check when ask?
- 03-22-2014, 09:56 AM #2
Re: yahoo email app - is it on all the time?
I would try opening up Yahoo, and click menu, then probably settings. You should get a few options. Syncing should be under general or your account settings.
- By adrianhancock2 in forum Android AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 07-08-2014, 05:45 AM
- By Carnage Reigns in forum Sprint LG G2Replies: 9Last Post: 03-28-2014, 09:33 PM
- By jog62003 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 03-22-2014, 02:38 PM
- By wowko in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 03-22-2014, 01:08 PM
- By androidalltheway92 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 03-22-2014, 07:13 AM