Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By inkdup102586
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Galaxy S4: a quick way to stop the ringing

Is there a quick way to stop your phone from ringing, like in class when you get a text and still have the volume cranked? Clicking the power button doesn't do anything, I need to type in my password then Swype down my notifications to get it to stop. Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    20,767 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Verizon Galaxy S4: a quick way to stop the ringing

Welcome to the forums.
    Why not put your phone on silent while you are in class? You should be able to set it to vibrate so you know when you get some kind of notification.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you! I don't allways remember to... Just curious if it did. My last android did. But that was a old junk phone.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Just hit the volume down while it is ringing.

ROM
    Stock

You can set triggers to have the ringer turn off when you go to class and go on when you leave class. Just set it by time. Every morning at 6:45am I have it set that my phone disconnects from wifi and turns volume all the way up.
    BlackBerry 8130_Nextel i880_BlackBerry 8330_HTC Hero_Samsung S1_Motorola Photon_Samsung S2_Samsung S4

Quote Originally Posted by inkdup102586 View Post
    You can set triggers to have the ringer turn off when you go to class and go on when you leave class. Just set it by time. Every morning at 6:45am I have it set that my phone disconnects from wifi and turns volume all the way up.
    Just got my S4 and curious how you do this??

ROM
    Stock

App is called trigger. Can set it to do lots of stuff. Like when you turn blue tooth on you can have it automatically turn on drive mood or even play music

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    BlackBerry 8130_Nextel i880_BlackBerry 8330_HTC Hero_Samsung S1_Motorola Photon_Samsung S2_Samsung S4
    reedsnvt likes this.

The S4 has 2 built in ways to mute or stop notifications or ringtones.
    #1 Go to settings>my device>motions and gestures>motions and press on the description which will bring up the motions menu. Slide the slider at the top right to on, then turn on the last item, "Mute/pause". With that set you can simply turn your phone over when it rings to silence it.
    #2 Similarly, in the motions and gestures menu, you can select palm motion (press the description to see what's available), slide the slider at the top right to on, then select/turn on mute/pause which will allow you to simply cover your phone with your hand to silence the phone.
    And since you have one of the best phones available, play around and check out all the other cool stuff it can do.
    Have fun!