Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Movie storage on SD

I've searched and have not come up with an answer. I would like to transfer a movie from my Dish
    Hopper to the SD card on my S4. I can transfer the movie but only to the on-board memory. Is the Sd card as worthless as it seems?

Default Re: Movie storage on SD

How are you transferring the movie? Are you on KitKat? If you are, remember that apps have 'lost' full SD Card accessibility in KitKat and can now only write (or move files) in folders they have created. Only the built-in File Manager has full SD Card access now.

But if you're using a computer, then just copy the files and that's it. It's up to the app you're using on your phone to watch the movie if it supports reading from the SD Card.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm still on JB and am using the Dish Anywhere Mobile transfer app. There was nothing in the app settings to choose where to store the movie.

If you're using the app then it means that app in particular doesn't support SD cards.