Traveling to London
So I will be traveling to London this summer. I went last summer as well and I bought a pre paid UK sim card from three before I left. I was able to connect with it but I never got anything better than a 1X connection. So I was able to use chat apps like whatsapp which came in handy but really couldn't do anything else. Has anyone else run into this problem? I'm sure I had my setting correct too. Almost tempted to get the over priced verizon international plan so I can at least have a decent connection.
- 04-08-2014, 11:16 AM #2
- 04-09-2014, 12:20 PM #4
Re: Traveling to London
Looking at the specs for the Verizon Galaxy 4, It's has GSM/CDMA/LTE You won't get LTE because the UK LTE frequencies are not on it, but you should be able to get 3G. 3UK uses 2100 for 3G and you have it on your phone
If it happens again, go to a 3UK store when you're there, maybe they have to activate something with your SIM to get 3G data.
- 04-11-2014, 11:59 AM #6
- By NoYankees44 in forum PoliticsReplies: 76Last Post: 04-15-2014, 04:39 PM
- By Cyberdelia in forum HTC One (M8)Replies: 6Last Post: 04-11-2014, 01:19 PM
- By zizu101 in forum HTC One (M8)Replies: 8Last Post: 04-09-2014, 11:01 PM
- By fernandez21 in forum HTC One (M8)Replies: 9Last Post: 04-08-2014, 03:54 PM
- By smooth4lyfe in forum HTC One (M8)Replies: 1Last Post: 04-08-2014, 09:45 AM