Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy s4 Power Button Issues

Hey All,

Just the other day I noticed an issue I was having with my power button. I went to try and restart my phone, so I pushed in and held the power button to bring up the power menu, but nothing happened. I tried pushing and holding the button in, and still nothing happened.

The power button still works to turn the screen on and off, but I am unable to restart my phone. I am not sure what could be causing this problem. I haven't tried a battery pull yet because I want to fully back everything up first, and I am nervous if I try that I may find the power button doesn't work.

Has anybody else encountered this issue, or have any insight as to why this may be happening?

Thanks.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy s4 Power Button Issues

your power button still works to turn the screen on and off, we can see that the button and the flex cable have nothing wrong. Maybe the software of your phone happened something, try to do something such as settings, factory reset or updating.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the insight. I cleared off some recent apps I had downloaded to see if that was having an affect, but it didn't correct anything. I did a battery pull to restart the phone, and was able to power it back up. Seems to be fine now.

From: How To Fix Samsung Galaxy S4 Common Problems and Errors [Part 15]
    #13. Galaxy S4 hangs and touch screen doesn’t respond

Problem: After updating my galaxy s4 to KitKat 4.4.2, my Galaxy S4 becomes hang sometimes and touch cannot be operated. Home button and start or shut down button work. I have to restart my set when touch option doesn’t work. Then it becomes ok. How can it be solved? Thanks.

Solution: I am almost certain there are other problems you haven’t discovered yet after the update. The ones you mentioned, however, are among the typical post-update hang ups, which can be fixed by simply doing the master reset, although you’ll have to go through the process of backing up your data.

Read more at How To Fix Samsung Galaxy S4 Common Problems and Errors [Part 15]