Phone showing 'Samsung Custom' during boot and stuck on white Verizon screen

daesie

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Last night my S4 was acting strange, force closing a lot of apps that I hadn't used at all, being incredibly slow, not opening apps at all (just bringing up a black screen, I could see the status bar at the top but it flickered and that was it). So I just decided to restart my phone and let it sit until morning. This morning I checked it and it was burning hot and stuck on the white Verizon screen. I quickly took out the battery and let the whole phone cool down. And now, whenever I try and turn it on, a black screen first pops up and says 'Samsung Custom' with a lock symbol and then goes to the white Verizon screen and just stays there... I tried clearing the Cache Partition as some posts had mentioned but that didn't seem to do anything. You might want to note that I have not rooted my phone. Please help me ;;

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
He isn't rooted

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Download a program called Odin and then go to Samsung's site and find the stock ROM. Once that's downloaded you should be able to flash that with Odin.

daesie

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Alright I started doing all that and it seems to be working! I'll get back to you once it's all done to let you know if it worked (and thank you so much)

smahon

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
This same exact thing started happening this week to my S4, not rooted, no custom rom; all the same symptoms: slowness, apps closing, blank screens, then Samsung logo with the unlocked lock followed by an all-white screen with the Verizon logo on reboot and sits there forever. Verizon is sending me a new phone.

Briski04

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Mine started doing the same thing yesterday. It doesn't seem to be running slow, but it has restarted itself a couple of times and is giving me the 'unlock' screen with the little padlock that is unlocked. I didn't do anything to my phone. Phone is NOT rooted. At the same time several of my apps appeared grayed out saying 'SD'.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc