Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By VDub2174
  • 1 Post By daesie
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone showing 'Samsung Custom' during boot and stuck on white Verizon screen

Last night my S4 was acting strange, force closing a lot of apps that I hadn't used at all, being incredibly slow, not opening apps at all (just bringing up a black screen, I could see the status bar at the top but it flickered and that was it). So I just decided to restart my phone and let it sit until morning. This morning I checked it and it was burning hot and stuck on the white Verizon screen. I quickly took out the battery and let the whole phone cool down. And now, whenever I try and turn it on, a black screen first pops up and says 'Samsung Custom' with a lock symbol and then goes to the white Verizon screen and just stays there... I tried clearing the Cache Partition as some posts had mentioned but that didn't seem to do anything. You might want to note that I have not rooted my phone. Please help me ;;

Default Re: Phone showing 'Samsung Custom' during boot and stuck on white Verizon screen

Are you rooted?
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."

Default Re: Phone showing 'Samsung Custom' during boot and stuck on white Verizon screen

He isn't rooted

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

My bad

Maybe try flashing the stock ROM via Odin? Can you get into download mode?
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes I was able to! It now say 'Downloading... Do not turn off target!!' Not sure what to do after this though?

Download a program called Odin and then go to Samsung's site and find the stock ROM. Once that's downloaded you should be able to flash that with Odin.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Alright I started doing all that and it seems to be working! I'll get back to you once it's all done to let you know if it worked (and thank you so much)
    VDub2174 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by daesie View Post
    Alright I started doing all that and it seems to be working! I'll get back to you once it's all done to let you know if it worked (and thank you so much)
    Definitely let us know how you make out

This same exact thing started happening this week to my S4, not rooted, no custom rom; all the same symptoms: slowness, apps closing, blank screens, then Samsung logo with the unlocked lock followed by an all-white screen with the Verizon logo on reboot and sits there forever. Verizon is sending me a new phone.

Mine started doing the same thing yesterday. It doesn't seem to be running slow, but it has restarted itself a couple of times and is giving me the 'unlock' screen with the little padlock that is unlocked. I didn't do anything to my phone. Phone is NOT rooted. At the same time several of my apps appeared grayed out saying 'SD'.

Mine turned out to be a corrupted SD card. Removed SD card and phone was good.