Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default quick settings, volume ??

I just got a Samsung Galaxy S4 for Verizon. When I swipe down from the top to access the notifications panel, there is a tray at the top of 'quick settings'. This takes up so much space, I hate it! I have found out how to rearrange the order but I'd really, really like to just disable ALL the quick settings from showing up.

Also, is there a way to disable the volume toggle on the left side of the phone? I keep accidentally turning down the volume just by holding the phone. I'd rather raise or lower the volume only through the settings menu.

Thanks in advance,

Default Re: quick settings, volume ??

Without rooting the phone there is no way to turn off the toggles for different actions of the phone.

And I don't know of any way to disable the volume control. Sounds like you will continue to hate your phone.

Default Re: quick settings, volume ??

I have just a row of 5 items across the top, with the rest accessible via scrolling. That doesn't seem to take up much room, but of course that's a matter of opinion.

If you pull down the notifications panel and tap the square icon at the top right, you'll get a screen with all the icons/buttons, and near the top right of this screen is a pencil icon. Tap that, and you can edit the order and availability of the buttons. The editing screen has a section for Notification panel and a section for Available buttons. You can drag buttons back and forth; only the ones in the Notification panel section will actually appear in the scrolling row at the top. You might try dragging everything out of the Notification panel section and into the Available buttons section and see what happens. No guarantees that this will work! Note the Reset button on the editing screen if things go horribly wrong.