| || |
Get Touchdown Contacts to Device Contacts.....
After having my S4 for months, I still can't get Touchdown contacts to copy over to my 'device'. I research, try something, and give up for another month, ha. So, here's my situation summary....
Have an S4 (Verizon) that is up to date, although it says only 4.3.
My Zimbra/Beehive contacts(ie. from work) come over perfectly in Touchdown.
Touchdown is the only account set-up for syncing contacts(no google, no nothing).
I 'Copy to Phone', from Touchdown Contacts, and it goes thru 'Inserting....' and finishes.
When I go to device Contacts, and change the 'Contacts to Display' to Device, or even SIM, nothing shows as having been copied. If I leave it on Touchdown, they all show up just fine. The problem with that, however, is I can't add photos to contacts. No big deal but would be nice for the phone to function like my Galaxy Nexus did.
I've even tried the following numerous times, which a coworker used for a similar problem:
1. With Android Version 4.3 I found out there is quirk on the Android forum at Google.
2. You have to shut off the synch for Google contacts and any other contact synching you have and if you have SD card back up what is on your phone
3. Go to the Apllication manager and flip to the right to ALL
4. Look for Contact Storage and Contacts Synch, click force stop and click clear data
5. This clears the Native contact database.
6. Restart the phone
7. Go to Touchdown and contacts. Refresh Alll then do a Copy to Phone
8. Go to Android Contacts...low and behold Touchdown contacts show up!
9. Go back to contacts on phone and click on menu then accounts. Click google and check box for synch contacts; say sync now
10. Any other contact syncing you have you must do for contacts.
So again, all I want to do is copy my Touchdown contacts over to my device so I can then attach photos to contacts. :o)