Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S4 freezing problems.

Hi,

My girlfriend owns a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 and about a week ago, she has had a problem with her S4. I just hope that someone has had a similar experience and found a solution to this problem.

The phone freezes up to a point that it deletes the current wallpaper (It displays a black screen). Also, the you cannot pull down notification status. All top icons disappear. (including current time, battery bar, status, etc)

Now, I asked her if she was using a specific app, surfing a specific website, etc. This is random. Playing a game, surfing website, facebook, instagram,

I have cleared cache. I have done factory reset. I have wiped out everything and it still does it.

Now, I am thinking it could be battery, but the battery is working fine.

Keep in mind that when the phone starts to freeze, you put to sleep (not turn off completely) and when you turn it on, IT FLASHES like it's freezing.

Anyone out there with any ideas? What can Verizon do if I take it to store? Replacement?

Thanks in advanced.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 freezing problems.

You said that you did a factory reset. Did you do this from the Settings Menu or from the Recovery Menu? If you did it from the Settings Menu, I would suggest doing one from the Recovery Menu before getting VZW involved, because that is what they are going to do first and then send you home to see if that fixed it. If you did reset from the Recovery Menu, then go back to the store; there isn't much more that you can do.

FDR from Recovery menu:
    Power off phone.
    Hold Volume UP and Home buttons and press the Power Button.
    When the phone vibrates, release Power Button and continue to hold others.
    When menu appears, use Volume Up/Down to navigate menu and Power to select.
    I would recommend clearing the Dalvik Cache and then doing a Factor Reset.
    After doing both, the first option on the Main Menu is Reboot.

Good Luck,
    BigRedGonzo