After update 4G symbol is back when on a wifi..

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I noticed after updating to kit Kat that the 4G icon is back on when on wifi. I have caller name ID disabled just as before the update. Is there a other app causing this or is it a bug?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
We used to able to get rid of it by disabling caller name ID. Ugh if this is how it is for good it's really annoying me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
at first the symbol was greyed out bt I woke up this morning and now it's bigger. I hope there's a way to get rid of it..

Posted via Android Central App

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there is a way to get rid of the 4G symbol anymore. Even if you turn off mobile data in the settings the 4G symbol remains but is greyed out. Personally I like it being greyed out to show it not active.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It is a service indicator. The only way you could get rid of it is if your not in 4g service. Not sure how disabling caller ID would get rid of that icon in the first place. It will go light gray when on wifi and then white when on 4g with the little moving arrows below it. Take screen shots of the two different sizes. Mine is always the same size

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
it supposed to be greyed out, but now it's always white and big with the arrows under it even when on wifi. I hard reset my phone to see if that would fix it but it didn't.

venture996

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Just uninstall Verizon's Caller ID Name app and it will work the way you want. That app is bloatware as far as I can tell.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
it supposed to be greyed out, but now it's always white and big with the arrows under it even when on wifi. I hard reset my phone to see if that would fix it but it didn't.

If it is white with arrows under it then you are coined to 4G for data. If it is Grey there will not be any arrows. You will have the wifi icon with the arrows instead. This let's you know which service is providing data.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante