Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Default Can't Get Update

I have a stock S4 with latest Verizon version. OTA download of Kit Kat fails after downloading while updating with a 402 error. Both Kies3 and the Verizon software (both are latest versions) state that I am already updated with MK2. "This is the latest version".

Verizon software (Upgrade assistant) states I am on the latest version. The phone states Android version 4.3 I545VRUEMK2M Kernel 3.4 .

No rooting nor other modifications performed. Only OTA downloads installed. Tried in Safe Mode, cleared caches, the only thing I haven't done is factory reset .

I really don't wan to do that, but if I must... I can check for updates on the phone and there is one there which downloads but does not install.

Any ideas. Thanks in advance.
    Ben

Global Posts
    24,836 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Can't Get Update

Quote Originally Posted by benhath View Post
    I have a stock S4 with latest Verizon version. OTA download of Kit Kat fails after downloading while updating with a 402 error. Both Kies3 and the Verizon software (both are latest versions) state that I am already updated with MK2. "This is the latest version".

Verizon software (Upgrade assistant) states I am on the latest version. The phone states Android version 4.3 I545VRUEMK2M Kernel 3.4 .

No rooting nor other modifications performed. Only OTA downloads installed. Tried in Safe Mode, cleared caches, the only thing I haven't done is factory reset .

I really don't wan to do that, but if I must... I can check for updates on the phone and there is one there which downloads but does not install.

Any ideas. Thanks in advance.
    Ben
    First off, I am not inclined to believe a reset will help. All it will do is aggravate you further by most likely not installing the update and you would have to set up the device again (unless you are using a third party launcher that can save your setup).

As for getting the update, you can try Sammobile .com and see if they have the updated files, so that you may use Odin to flash the ROM.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

If all else fails, I would give the FDR a shot. It is a PITA, I know, but it may straighten the issue out. Exhaust all other ideas prior to doing it though.

BigRedGonzo
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

After several more attempts, the Verizon Wireless Software Upgrade Assistant software finally showed that there was an upgrade available. So I tried upgrading using that and it was successful. No problems shown after upgrading, however 7 apps immediately upgraded themselves, including Real Audio and some Verizon Apps.
    Phone seems to work properly, now but I'll be checking further.
    Ben