- 18 Posts
What programs to turn off? (KitKat)
I upgraded my S4 to the latest version 4.4 KitKat. I would like to turn off all programs I don't need so that battery can last longer and the UI can run faster.
I use my S4 mainly for email, IM, phone calls, and some apps. I don't really want to use Samsung's and Verizon's apps. As an example, I have turned off Verizon Cloud, Google+, Google Play Newsstand, Isis Mobile Wallet, S Health, S Memo, etc.
Can someone come up with a list of apps that are bloatware and can be turned off? Thanks.
- 04-27-2014, 05:32 PM #2
Re: What programs to turn off? (KitKat)
This all comes down to trial and error bud. One man's bloatware is another man's... not... bloat...ware.
I just go through the application manager and turn off what I don't use. I tend to take it simple with things I know I don't need first, then every few days I'll go in and disable a few things I don't think I need. If problems come up I turn those back on (this is rare), then isolate the one I need. Then I keep going until I'm satisfied.
Posted via Android Central App
- By garycornelius in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 11Last Post: 07-10-2014, 09:21 PM
- By chustle925 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 8Last Post: 05-25-2014, 12:32 AM
- By Gordo Allinson in forum LG G2Replies: 1Last Post: 05-09-2014, 06:52 AM
- By someguy01234 in forum OnePlus OneReplies: 8Last Post: 05-02-2014, 12:55 PM
- By Rafael Ceriz in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 1Last Post: 04-27-2014, 03:24 PM