Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By tvouge
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What programs to turn off? (KitKat)

I upgraded my S4 to the latest version 4.4 KitKat. I would like to turn off all programs I don't need so that battery can last longer and the UI can run faster.

I use my S4 mainly for email, IM, phone calls, and some apps. I don't really want to use Samsung's and Verizon's apps. As an example, I have turned off Verizon Cloud, Google+, Google Play Newsstand, Isis Mobile Wallet, S Health, S Memo, etc.

Can someone come up with a list of apps that are bloatware and can be turned off? Thanks.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Default Re: What programs to turn off? (KitKat)

This all comes down to trial and error bud. One man's bloatware is another man's... not... bloat...ware.

I just go through the application manager and turn off what I don't use. I tend to take it simple with things I know I don't need first, then every few days I'll go in and disable a few things I don't think I need. If problems come up I turn those back on (this is rare), then isolate the one I need. Then I keep going until I'm satisfied.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    oOOOo 
    oOOOo and STSVA like this.