Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock, Rooted & Unlocked

Default Calendar issues after KitKat update

Has anyone noticed dual notifications while using the Google Calendar App after the KitKat update?

I have "Set the alerts and notifications" to off in the default Samsung calendar, "Select ringtone" to silent & "Vibration" unchecked. When I restart or shutdown the phone all the settings that I turned off in the default Samsung calendar are turned back on.

I can no longer "Turn off" or uncheck "Show notifications" in the Application manager (grayed out).

Anyone have fix for this with out rooting?

Default Re: Calendar issues after KitKat update

Having the same problem, just noticed it yesterday that it was doing that. I think the only fix for now would be to turn off notifications in the application manager for Samsung's calendar, so that you don't get duplicate notifications on Google's calendar and Samsung's. This didn't happen to me on 4.3

EDIT: Apparently, when I tried to do this, the checkbox for "Show notifications" was already checked and grayed out, so I couldn't turn them off. Wtf, Samsung

Haven't noticed that but since kit Kat my AccuWeather no longer shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by damage_inc View Post
    Has anyone noticed dual notifications while using the Google Calendar App after the KitKat update?

I have "Set the alerts and notifications" to off in the default Samsung calendar, "Select ringtone" to silent & "Vibration" unchecked. When I restart or shutdown the phone all the settings that I turned off in the default Samsung calendar are turned back on.

I can no longer "Turn off" or uncheck "Show notifications" in the Application manager (grayed out).

Anyone have fix for this with out rooting?

I wish there was a solution! But I can confirm the dual notifications. I prefer Business Calendar app because it allows notes/details to be added to an event but every time you restart the phone, the built-in Calendar resets it's Notification preferences and dual notifications start again. I have also shut down notifications in Google Calendar. That setting sticks but the Samsung Calendar notifications persistently reappear . So, also seeking a solution that does not involve rooting.