Verizon galaxy s4 from 4.2.2 to kitkat
I have a rooted galaxy s4 with 4.2.2 vrudmi1. I never took the 4.3 update since I didn't want to deal with odin and flashing. If I take the kitkat OTA update will it work? Will the voodoo OTA rootkeeper preserve my root?
- 05-01-2014, 03:14 AM #2
- 429 Posts
Re: Verizon galaxy s4 from 4.2.2 to kitkat
From what I have read all root had been eliminated. It is best to put it to stock image and then do the update. In your case go to jellybean stock image. I think you can do this through kies or Verizon's update app.
Posted via Android Central App
- By dlin95123 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 7Last Post: 06-26-2014, 07:35 AM
- By cgenzano in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 1Last Post: 05-04-2014, 08:33 AM
- By jebulls in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 05-02-2014, 11:34 AM
- By manni1to in forum HTC One M8Replies: 50Last Post: 05-02-2014, 10:00 AM
- By chrisngrod in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 04-30-2014, 09:54 PM