Battery Icon now White

utahbronco

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm a pretty unsophisticated Smart Phone User. I've had my Samsung Galaxy S4 from Verizon for about 2 months now. I love it!
I was asked yesterday to allow a Samsung Software Update, I said yes. It went smoothly and rebooted the phone. This morning as I unplugged it from it being charged I noticed that the Battery Icon is white. I swear it was green yesterday or the last time I remember but now it's white. After lots of looking I believe that it isn't the Samsung Software that controls that, it's the Android Software that is in control. I don't remember Android asking to update a software release, just the Samsung Software. The Samsung Software update was for SCH-1545-MK2 to NC5. I'm at Android level 4.4.2. Can anyone confirm that it's the Android Software that controls the color of the status Icons on the top of the screen? If it is Android that controls the color of say the Battery Icon, can I change that? Can I go back to a lower release level of Android or would I be asking for problems. Thanks in advance for helping out a new user, I appreciate it!!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm a pretty unsophisticated Smart Phone User. I've had my Samsung Galaxy S4 from Verizon for about 2 months now. I love it!
I was asked yesterday to allow a Samsung Software Update, I said yes. It went smoothly and rebooted the phone. This morning as I unplugged it from it being charged I noticed that the Battery Icon is white. I swear it was green yesterday or the last time I remember but now it's white. After lots of looking I believe that it isn't the Samsung Software that controls that, it's the Android Software that is in control. I don't remember Android asking to update a software release, just the Samsung Software. The Samsung Software update was for SCH-1545-MK2 to NC5. I'm at Android level 4.4.2. Can anyone confirm that it's the Android Software that controls the color of the status Icons on the top of the screen? If it is Android that controls the color of say the Battery Icon, can I change that? Can I go back to a lower release level of Android or would I be asking for problems. Thanks in advance for helping out a new user, I appreciate it!!

Android 4.4 did change from Halo Blue to white. You can change that color, but it will involve rooting your device. Something I would not recommend for a person new to Android, or if that is the only reason.
I actually welcomed the change. Halo Blue was getting old.

keruss

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I would like to know if this can be changed as well. What I think the original poster is requesting is to have the battery icon be green for full or yellow for almost empty to red for close to dead. Now it is just white for any phase. Does anyone know if this can be changed back to display the battery life indication levels? I am not sure what the halo blue is referring to, but I want the green/yellow/red battery icon, not just white all the time for any level.

joemontana

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I would suggest having it show the percentage of battery life.
Go to settings-more-battery, at the very bottom tick the box.
I find this very handy!

Posted via Android Central App

bigredgonzo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify a bit for the OP. Yes, your update said it was from Samsung, but the update actually originated from Google. Google puts out an update for Android and then the manufacturers modify it for their hardware. After that, the Carriers update it again for their purposes.

Google (Android) did change the icons to all white and changing that does require root access, which really isn't worth the effort to just change the icons back to colored.

BigRedGonzo

Mohamed Jiffry

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463