I rather not update right now.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
For us non rooted users, anyone know how to stop the pesky software update reminder notification from popping up every few minutes? Even holding down and selecting "app" then Force Closing still causes it to pop up. Frustrating. Thanks for your help in advance.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
For us non rooted users, anyone know how to stop the pesky software update reminder notification from popping up every few minutes? Even holding down and selecting "app" then Force Closing still causes it to pop up. Frustrating. Thanks for your help in advance.

If you are not rooted you will need to take the update.
There is no way to stop an update on a phone that is not rooted.

Leo G

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
They are never ending and persistent. Eventually it will download without your permission and then keep asking you if you want to update. The only way to do it is keep delaying it for 24 hours. It is very annoying and will never end until you give in or root.

Leo G

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
So phucking pissed right now. I accidentally hit install now instead of later. No stopping it. I hate verizon.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Oh crap. Sorry Leo. Let me / us know what turns out. I feel like it's partly my fault. Sorry. I know you were trying to help me.

Leo G

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Not even close to your fault. The reminder came up about the 24th time and I accidentally hit install instead of later. Couldn't even turn the phone off 2 seconds later. Felt like pulling the battery but figured it'd brick the phone.

Well so far.

I noticed the glitch when using the camera that use to reactivate the 1x animation has been resolved. You can use the camera and it doesn't revert it to the default 1x

Wakelock detector has become useless. I deleted it because it no longer works.

Battery Monitor widget no longer lets me see the STATISTICS information on the phone.

I had to reinstall a new version of flash so that the Dolphin browser would display videos on forums.

An Emergency Alert icon has been added in the apps folder, you can't turn it off...annoying

Isis Wallet has been added to the apps folder, you can turn it off and I did.

A Cloud icon has been added to the apps folder, you can turn it off and I did.

WatchOn seems to scroll much smoother when you and looking at the channel guide.

The battery seems to be discharging quicker, but that could be because I am scouring through the phone and it hasn't been off since the update.

So far I have had any problems with ES File Explorer. But I haven't played with it that much, so time will tell.

Leo G

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Ya, it's not. That is only what I noticed in a few hours. I am absolutely sure there will be much more.

They've taken the software update area and made it have its own line in the settings under more.

There is a printer area under connections > more networks

The 4G symbol only greys out on the main screen, it doesn't ever go away.

The battery level indicator is now white. When you plug the charger in you don't get a contrasting lightning bolt to show it's charging. It's there though.

Leo G

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Oh here's one that will annoy me to no end. In the default email app on 4.3 (and since I had the phone) I could turn on the data and hit the refresh button and my mail would load. Now, I have to have data and sync both on in order to get my email. Oooooooooo this keeps getting better....:pissed:

Evening Sky

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm so angry! I don't remember if I accidentally hit it or it just started on it's own (I was distracted). I tried taking my battery out because I was so desperate not to get it...didn't get to it on time (otterbox). I don't mind everything else...it's actually smoother...but I WANT MY COLORED ICONS BACK! These white ones aren't doing anything but frustrating the hell out of me!

Leo G

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I had to restrain myself from throwing the phone against the wall when I accidentally hit install instead of cancel, twice.

It has screwed up the email app. Now anything I do on another device won't register with the phone. If I use my computer to look at emails and then go to the phone, those emails are still there in their unread state. Before they would have registered as read. So now I'm constantly re reading stuff. Started using Dolphin more for reading my emails because it reacts correctly.

chazdx

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
you've probably sorted this out already, but you can put off the update every 24 hours. just select "install later" then set it for a time before the current time. be sure to leave "automatically start" unchecked.
cheers

Speedy3

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Once it starts there is nothing you can do. It finally forced itself on me today. I tried 2 battery pulls, and a soft reset but when I started it back up it just picked up from where it was when I interrupted it.:(

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Once it starts there is nothing you can do. It finally forced itself on me today. I tried 2 battery pulls, and a soft reset but when I started it back up it just picked up from where it was when I interrupted it.:(
How many times were you able to keep selecting Install Later? I'm on a week.

rcca

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the 10th day on the Install Latter for the stupid Death of the Kitkat
Samsung at BB said every 24 hrs. it will come up, cancel it he said, yep that what I have been doing for 10 days, until Google has it right for most all of us.
I read at T-moblie that KitKat update screws our use of the External SD card too won't allow us to use some 3rd party apps. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Leo G

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Kitkat kills the permissions that the 3rd parties need to access the write function to the SD card. The built in apps will be allowed to access the card fully.