Hey all, someone pressed their lacrosse stick while my phone was on the ground on accident. The glass is not cracked at all but the screen inside has a line going through it and does not work at all.
    I can turn it on, and the LED will work but the screen doesn't show up. Again, this is just the screen inside. The glass is fine.
    Is there a way to order just the screen and replace it?

What is the best cost effective way of fixing this if not ordering a new screen?
    05-05-2014 08:56 AM
    Hey all, someone pressed their lacrosse stick while my phone was on the ground on accident. The glass is not cracked at all but the screen inside has a line going through it and does not work at all.
    I can turn it on, and the LED will work but the screen doesn't show up. Again, this is just the screen inside. The glass is fine.
    Is there a way to order just the screen and replace it?

What is the best cost effective way of fixing this if not ordering a new screen?
    You are not going to like this. In your case insurance would have been a good investment. In nearly every modern phone I have seen, you need to remove the digitizer (glass) to get at the screen.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Teardown - iFixit

BAD NEWS. If this is accurate it's even worse than I expected. Glass, screen and frame are fused? And as such crap needs to disassembled from the frame? Google around for a second opinion but I think you're looking at a complex and expensive repair.
    05-05-2014 09:18 AM
    Okay, I have found the glass/screen/digitizer for around $150. If this is the only route, I might just use my galaxy nexus for a while before upgrading when my contract is over.
    05-05-2014 11:44 AM
    When I bought my S4 at Costco, I also purchased their SquareTrade warranty for $100. Although it does not cover loss/theft, it does cover up to 4 claims over a two-year period, each with a $25 deductible. When I dropped and broke my screen a few months ago, I had the option of sending it in to be repaired or replaced, or have it repaired at a local shop and then be reimbursed. I brought it to a local shop (they repaired it in less than an hour), which charged $225 to replace the screen. I emailed a scan of the bill, and got a reimbursement check in about 10 days. I will definitely do that again next time I buy a phone.
    05-05-2014 03:43 PM