Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AdamSteinmark
  • 1 Post By AdamSteinmark
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Recurring Gallery Sign-in Request

This post is specifically for the Galaxy S4 SCH-I545. I've looked online and there are solutions to my problem with other versions. The problem is I have a recurring request to allow my Google accounts access to my gallery. The solution on other versions was to go to Settings, Accounts, Google Account, and uncheck the option to sync Picasa Web albums and Google+ Photos. I don't have either option. I would post screenshots if I knew how to in the app. Please help this annoying notification go away.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 2:
    Live2ride883 likes this.

Default Re: Recurring Gallery Sign-in Request

I found those settings. Where you mentioned above, Settings, Accounts, Google. Then select your gmail address and the check boxes are there.
    No matter how hard you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...
    Thanked by 2:

Thanks Adam, It has been driving me crazy, too. I've just been too busy to research the problem, so thanks for doing that for us. Maddog, it was there just like you said. Thanks to you, too.
    htc One M8, Galaxy s4 retired, htc Thunderbolt retired

Sent from my Atari 2600
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

On my device, those two boxes are missing. I can't uncheck a box that doesn't exist. I have others and the only things I have checked are Gmail, Drive, Docs, and Sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamSteinmark View Post
    On my device, those two boxes are missing. I can't uncheck a box that doesn't exist. I have others and the only things I have checked are Gmail, Drive, Docs, and Sheets.
    What he said.

Wish I knew what to tell you to do, I've looked at mine trying to figure out how to help. I don't have a listing or a check box for docs or sheets (not that I use these.) But when I scroll to the bottom next to last is google+ and dead last is picasa, both of which I had to uncheck and now the problem has been resolved. Hope someone with much more knowledge on this will take some time to help out here.
    htc One M8, Galaxy s4 retired, htc Thunderbolt retired

Sent from my Atari 2600
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I think I figured it out. It's a little sketchy but bear with me. I checked my main email and the two boxes are there. It appears that only selected Google apps like Gmail and Drive allow multiple logins. Picasa Web Albums and Google+ Photos are plugins that don't allow more than one login. If you allow the sign-in request, then go into Gallery>Settings you'll see that the sync is off for all accounts except your main one. If you click on the main account, the two missing boxes will be there. Hope this helps.

Thanked by:
    bluzman likes this.

That works...thanks.