Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wifi disconnects and reconnects continuosly

My galaxy s4 continuously connects and reconnects to my WiFi network. Can someone please help me fix this problem.

Default Re: Wifi disconnects and reconnects continuosly

I feel your frustration. Mine was doing the same, but I finally set a static ip address and have not had a problem since. If you know how to do that then great, but a good tutorial can be found here:

How to Setup a Static IP Address on the Samsung Galaxy S4 | Smart Mobile Phone Solutions

Good luck and I hope this helps.
    htc One M8, Galaxy s4 retired, htc Thunderbolt retired

Sent from my Atari 2600

There is a setting under WiFi>Menu>Advanced>Auto Network Switch. Do you have that enabled? It is designed to switch you to the strongest data stream available. My son and I did a little investigation and found that if your WiFi signal changes by one bar (and walking around out house, that happens constantly) the autoswitch kicks in and switches you to Carrier Data. As soon as that signal drops by one bar, it will switch you back. Unchecking the checkbox, disables the "feature." You may want to check this before fixing your IP address.

BigRedGonzo
    Mobile Enthusiast

Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB B1/Franco M5

I don't believe this is limited to the Galaxy S4. My HTC one M8 is doing the same thing, SO AGGRIVATING. if it were just the notification sin the status bar that would be one thing, but no. Every time it does it, it disconnects me from whatever I'm doing. If I am in the middle of an RDP session and it cycles like that, I lose my RDP session, I lose my VPN, and it all has to be reconnected only for it to do it again 5 minutes later.

I have tried so many things to fix this it isn't funny. Toggled all settings in my advanced Wifi settings, static IP address, multiple different Wireless channels, different wireless networks, even just had a new phone shipped to me directly from HTC. It is absolutely ridiculous and absurd how bad this issue is, yet it seems only a handful of people experience it.

Of COURSE at Verizon on their hotspots the wireless connected just fine and never dropped. Go figure. It was literally the only wireless network I have been on yet that didn't drop me. I just don't get it. I don't like it. It is the only thing I don't like about my phone. the iPhone held wifi like a champ. This android is really upsetting and disappointing me.

Porbably a bug in android, not an issue with your phone.

This happens to me on home network on both Android tablets and on iPad, once every few days. I restart the router (from tablet), problem goes away for few days.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk