Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG HBS 730 Features non-existent

Samsung S4 for Verizon running on Kit-Kat 4.4.2 recently updated by Verizon OTA.
    LG HBS-730 headset recently purchased.

The bluetooth portion works great.

The following features work great:
    I can hear people great
    I can hear people great
    I can talk to people
    I can listen to music
    skip music
    pause music
    volume up/down
    turn on/off the bluetooth
    and wear it on my neck
    All those features work great

Now, the feature that I can't get to work are:
    hold volume up/down for 1 sec to change the EQ setting
    while I am in a call, press vol down for 1 sec to stop the vibrate from that incoming call (which is very annoying as the person that I am talking to can't hear anything other than the vibration, until the other person either hangs up or stops calling me)
    hold down volume down for 1 secs to hear battery status
    hold down vol up/down for 1 sec mutes the microphone
    Those are some of the features that I would like to have, yet they don't work.

If you happen to have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and a LG Tone+ HBS-730, could you please do some of this tests to see if yours is working? LGs support is as good as the ant that I stepped on this morning on my way to my car. The person simply said: have you tried turning it off/on? unpair/pair? how about another phone? When I answered: yes, yes, yes, she said, well, the accessory is working, it could be the phone that doesn't support the features. Which I followed: it would be hard for me to believe that this bluetooth would not be fully compatible with the 2nd most sold phone in the world. So, I guess this is my only hope, that one of you guys have the same setup as I do, which is simply S4 with a HBS-730 and try those features. If they work, please tell me if you have Kit-Kat 4.4.2, the OTA that was sent not too long ago, or any other version.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: LG HBS 730 Features non-existent

I am having the same exact problems with a Samsung Galaxy S4 from Sprint. The equalizer doesn't work, though the user manual does say, "EQ is not changed if your handset supports aptX codec and is enabled." The S4 definitely does support aptx (I can't post a link apparently, but google search for galaxy s4 aptx, the aptx website indicates the S4 is aptX enabled) but I don't see how it's a good thing that the equalizer won't change just because I have some codec. The battery status audio indicator definitely does not work.

Also, the sound comes through (for music) quite "covered" or "muffled" sounding unless I turn the volume on the headset to maximum. Fortunately I can still control volume using my Galaxy S4, but it's annoying to have to do that. Also it means all the "POWER ON" and "POWER OFF" and so on audio indicators are super freaking loud.

Default Re: LG HBS 730 Features non-existent

I just read an Amazon review that someone thinks they might've gotten a forgery because the sound was kinda muffled (as is the case with mine) and not all the features worked (as is the case with mine). She had bought it from an online seller because it was a good price. She said she returned it and bought another one from Best Buy and the sound was better and the features worked.

Just a thought.