Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Post kitkat issues

Trouble with the post update. Every day I have these failed to send text messages. Its random too, but it does happen throughout the entire day and doesnt seem to be location dependent. Also having connection issues to accuweather, typically in the morning. Its also happening throughout the day but mostly in the AM. Not sure if this is Samsung, Verizon, or both! Going nuts!

Default Re: Post kitkat issues

Which messaging app are you using? And is this while you are on WiFi or Mobile Data or both?

Sent from my SCH-I545
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Im just using the standard messaging on the phone. And yes, issues have occurred with both wifi and mobile data.

Quote Originally Posted by zetodavido View Post
    Which messaging app are you using? And is this while you are on WiFi or Mobile Data or both?

Sent from my SCH-I545

I'm just throwing things out here, but did you do a reset after the update? Try clearing the cache/data for AccuWeather and the messaging app. Try another messaging app and see if if you still get the problem. I have no idea why you would have problems only in the morning. Although that is probably when most ppl check the weather. Sorry I couldn't help you more.

Sent from my SCH-I545

I'm right here with you. Usually to get the text to send I have to do a hard reset, once it comes back on I can send it no problem.

I'm also having a problem with the phone just turning off whenever it feels the need. Doesn't shut down. Just goes black, and is off. I have to pull the battery and then I can turn it back on.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yes I did a reset after the update. I have done multiple battery pulls, restarts, cache clearing, etc too. Its pretty frustrating to say the least. Right now my accuweather will not run, I have removed it, restarted, added it back in several times and I am having the same issue. Had text messages fail to send all afternoon yesterday and again this morning. Everything was cool until the kitkat showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by zetodavido View Post
    I'm just throwing things out here, but did you do a reset after the update? Try clearing the cache/data for AccuWeather and the messaging app. Try another messaging app and see if if you still get the problem. I have no idea why you would have problems only in the morning. Although that is probably when most ppl check the weather. Sorry I couldn't help you more.

Sent from my SCH-I545

I have just noticed the fail to send text messages aswell. It started the other day. Maybe one or two. Happining again today for a bit. Don't understand why its happening.

Rosie's Galaxy S4

Same here with the failed text messages using stock messaging app. Happens both on mobile network and wifi. It's just so random when and where it happens too. I started using hangouts and haven't had any issues yet. Just sucks not having Facebook contact pictures to sync with hangouts

Posted via Android Central App

My wife's S4 is doing the failed text too. It's random, but doing it a lot more than it ever did before.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

This is very annoying. Daily issues with connectivity to the network, failed text messages, battery draining randomly, etc. Im ready to deliver this S4 to Verizon via a fastball !
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Just wanted to provide a final update. I did a LIVE chat session with the VZ people yesterday, who suggested rebooting in safe mode to rule out a 3rd party app causing these issues. Of course that did not work, as I continued to have the same issues in safe mode. I took the bull by the horns and did a factory reset. It did take a few hours to get through all of the updates and downloads via Google and Amazon OTA, but once I got home and hooked up to my network it finished up pretty quickly. I am happy to report that the issues seem to be gone as of this morning, we will see as the day goes on. My wife also has an S4 and is dealing with these issues as well, we will be resetting her phone today.

S4 that would receive text but not send
    Found an app called Samsung Push Service
    uninstalled updates - returned my phone not having this app on it and
    BINGO out bound texting returned

I hate any software that is puhed and it looks like Samsung, Not My Carrier, Not My Messaging App (came with phone), Not A Hard Reset, Not a SIM Card, Not a Battery, Not a SD Card, Not even KitKat unless that is where this #$%^ Push Service Came from was the issue. for now