Upside Down

757Dave

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Need your help here. I dropped my phone (it fell from my pants pocket while trying to take it out) about 3 feet onto my living room carpet. No external damage. I have a protective case, etc. I went to use the phone after picking it up and it was showing that the headphones were attached. After trying everything that I could find here to try to fix this issue, I decided to just do a FR. FR cleared the headphone issue, but now everything is upside down. no matter what way I hold the phone, everything is upside down. Did another FR and still the same. Any ideas are appreciated.

Leo G

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you might have damaged a sensor. Try turning rotation off. At worse you'll have to use your phone upside down but at least you'll be seeing things correctly.

bigredgonzo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Just a shot in the dark, but download GPS Status and Toolbox. There is a section in the settings that allows you to calibrate the sensors in the phones. It may not work, but it can't hurt.

BigRedGonzo

757Dave

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I have gps status app, but the compass does not change when the phone is moved. In other words, it just points toward Samsung no matter where the phone is located. Beginning to believe that something has happened to the compass. Probably headed to the store for a new phone. Don't want to change the topic of the thread too much, but any suggestions on a new phone?