Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hangouts Issue

Hi All -

I've been using Hangouts as my default SMS/MMS app for several months. Lately (past 2 months or so), I've been having a random issue where SMS won't work for a little bit. Hangouts indicates the SMS is "Sending" and after about a minute, I receive a notification that the message was not sent, with the option to "tap to resend." Alas, that doesn't work either. Neither does retyping the message and trying to send it. Nor switching to/from Wifi or LTE. In fact, I haven't been able to figure out how to correct this issue, besides waiting for an unspecified amount of time (usually several hours).

Any ideas?

Default Re: Hangouts Issue

I have been suffering from the same issue. It appears to rear its head after trying (and failing) to connect to WiFi. I have found that rebooting the phone (usually) gets it out of SMS jail.
    13KimmiK13 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by PhobicCarrot View Post
    I have been suffering from the same issue. It appears to rear its head after trying (and failing) to connect to WiFi. I have found that rebooting the phone (usually) gets it out of SMS jail.
    Yeah...that's a pain though

That trick has stopped working.

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts

Having the same issue, but restarting still works for me. Really annoying. It's not a hangouts issue though-- i've tried the stock messaging app and Verizon messages. Same thing.

Posted via Android Central App
    13KimmiK13 likes this.